indicator debugging and buffer redrawing

when you debug an indicator, buffer variables are not drawn on graph until event handling function is not exited.

is there a way to bypass this, i.e. to draw buffer content immediately while stepping through the code? 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Indicators Lines
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Indicators Lines
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Indicators Lines - Documentation on MQL5

graziani:

when you debug an indicator, buffer variables are not drawn on graph until event handling function is not exited.

is there a way to bypass this, i.e. to draw buffer content immediately while stepping through the code? 

Why you want to do that ?

Maybe, ... comment out the handle (or make the handle a valid one) and then fill the buffer with some value ?

phi.nuts:

Why you want to do that ?

Maybe, ... comment out the handle (or make the handle a valid one) and then fill the buffer with some value ?

it seems you misunderstood me.

i would like to see the buffer drawn on chart the moment  i step through the code while i am debugging step by step through code.

this doesn't happen because refresh of chart (actual drawing) is done after event handling function (e.g. OnTick()) is exited.

the way it is working  is the normal and best way when running program, but it would be useful to have this feature while debugging.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

graziani:

it seems you misunderstood me.

i would like to see the buffer drawn on chart the moment  i step through the code while i am debugging step by step through code.

this doesn't happen because refresh of chart (actual drawing) is done after event handling function (e.g. OnTick()) is exited.

the way it is working  is the normal and best way when running program, but it would be useful to have this feature while debugging.

That's why my first reaction was a question not an answer "Why you want to do that ?".

AFAIK, there's no way to do that :( 

Reason: