Discussion of article "ATC Champions League: Interview with Boris Odintsov (ATC 2011)"

New article ATC Champions League: Interview with Boris Odintsov (ATC 2011) is published:

Interview with Boris Odintsov (bobsley) is the last one within the ATC Champions League project. Boris won the Automated Trading Championship 2010 - the first Championship held for the Expert Advisors in the new MQL5 language. Having appeared in the top ten already in the first week of the ATC 2010, his EA brought it to the finish and earned $77,000. This year, Boris participates in the competition with the same Expert Advisor with modified settings. Perhaps the robot would still be able to repeat its success.

Do you also consider yourself an experienced trader and programmer? What helped you to take the first place - a little more experience, luck, or something else?

I consider myself an experienced programmer. But as a trader, I am a newcomer - I've been trading forex since 2008. It's not easy to become an experience trader. As for taking the first place, I think my approach to modeling helped me, as well as error-free coding. Last year, many good strategies were victims of programming errors.

Approach to modeling and error-free coding - is that enough to win? In general, have you derived your formula of success?

Let's say, it's half the battle. In general, it all depends on luck. By luck in the Championship I mean a certain function depending on the number of participants, the average strength of a participant's Expert Advisor and the strength of your own EA.

Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2011 Boris Odintsov

Author: Automated-Trading

Reason: