New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 971: Hotfix

New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 971: Hotfix

MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Tuesday, June 7, 2016. This hotfix update build 971 follows the previous release. It fixes saving a custom indicator line color if the color is specified as None. Previously, this setting was reset after restarting the terminal causing the line to be displayed in black.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

Hi,

Since Sunday, when MT4 updated to Build 970 and today when it updated to Build 971, if I choose for backtesting a combination of parameters obtained from an optimisation of MT4 expert (recompiled by Build 971) it doesn't provide the same result, actualy the combination is profitable in the optimisation and looses in backtest. Can you explain ? Thank you !

Tucu Titus Corneliu:

Hi,

Since Sunday, when MT4 updated to Build 970 and today when it updated to Build 971, if I choose for backtesting a combination of parameters obtained from an optimisation of MT4 expert (recompiled by Build 971) it doesn't provide the same result, actualy the combination is profitable in the optimisation and looses in backtest. Can you explain ? Thank you !

Hi please write a ticket to the ServiceDesk and provide all details.

Hi, I've received many complains from my product's buyers that the purchased indicators does't work anymore after they updated MT4 to build 971.

I've updated my MT4 also to build 971 and I was surprised that indicator doesn't work on this version. It works on previous build version but on build 971 not working.

So I started to recheck the codes to find out whats the issue. And I've found a new bug in the new version. I'll try to explain the problem as much as I can so maybe they can fix or give me a solution. 

As we know the CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK  returns the name of the clicked object with the "sparam" variable. in the bellow example I sort the sparam in another variable "objname" and print it:

void OnChartEvent(const int id,

const long &lparam,

const double &dparam,

const string &sparam)

{

////////////////////////////////////////

if (id == CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK)

{

objname = sparam;

Print (objname); // Prints the object name correctly 

} 

Up to here it works well and I can see the name of the clicked object correctly  in the terminal window. Now I want to use the "objname" variable somewhere outside of the "void OnChartEvent" for example print the "objname" again on each calculation(tick) and the problem appears here:

int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,

const int prev_calculated,

const datetime &time[],

const double &open[],

const double &high[],

const double &low[],

const double &close[],

const long &tick_volume[],

const long &volume[],

const int &spread[])

{

//---

Print (objname);  /// But this one prints some strange characters 

//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call

return(rates_total);

} 

The result I get instead of the object name, it print some strange characters like "????"

It's impossible to save the sparam in any another variable and when you call the variable(in the above example "objname") in somewhere outside of the void OnChartEvent it returns some strange characters .

Thanks 

Payam 

Payam Khataei:

It's impossible to save the sparam in any another variable and when you call the variable(in the above example "objname") in somewhere outside of the void OnChartEvent it returns some strange characters .

Same thing here, I believe they will fix it soon.

If anyone's looking for a temporary workaround - assign value via some string operation, not directly:

objname = StringConcatenate(sparam);

Pavel Srp:

Same thing here, I believe they will fix it soon.

If anyone's looking for a temporary workaround - assign value via some string operation, not directly:

Díky.

Thank you. 

why do they too often update MT4 even just in few days.

Another bug is that the backtester freezes when you run a backtest a few times.

Sometimes it is just one time and then you cannot start another backtest. The chart just freezes when having visual mode on.

You have to close mt4 and start it again to run a backtest. 

chrisdk2015:

Another bug is that the backtester freezes when you run a backtest a few times.

Sometimes it is just one time and then you cannot start another backtest. The chart just freezes when having visual mode on.

You have to close mt4 and start it again to run a backtest. 

Hi this is issue has been fixed. Please wait new build

I am developing an EA. Before update MT4 to build 971 my EA was profitable in backtesting (I am using historica data from Tickstory). Since I updated my EA (using same parameters) is not profitable in backtesting mode.

What can be happening?

santiagorv:

I am developing an EA. Before update MT4 to build 971 my EA was profitable in backtesting (I am using historica data from Tickstory). Since I updated my EA (using same parameters) is not profitable in backtesting mode.

What can be happening?

Can you show the results of both backtesting on the different versions? Thank you.
Reason: