The dominant factors to be the winner at ATC 2012

• 47% (14)
  • 23% (7)
  • 27% (8)
  • 3% (1)
Total voters: 30

As I predicted, most people choose luck factor. But how about money management? It has same vote with luck factor.

Money Management is winning at this moment, but I voted in Others, because for me the Testing Methodology is more relevant than any other factor, i.e., in my vision even if you have a bad strategy or bad management, a good test will make you look better alternatives.

And maybe this is also the key to reach good relationship between backtest results and forward test in your other pool https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8137.

The relationship between backtest results with forward test at ATC 2012
The relationship between backtest results with forward test at ATC 2012
  • www.mql5.com
The relationship between backtest results with forward test at ATC 2012.

figurelli:

Money Management is winning at this moment, but I voted in Others, because for me the Testing Methodology is more relevant than any other factor, i.e., in my vision even if you have a bad strategy or bad management, a good test will make you look better alternatives.

And maybe this is also the key to reach good relationship between backtest results and forward test in your other pool https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8137.

Very interesting idea figurelli. But what do you mean with Testing Methodology? Could you please explain more detail?

achidayat:
Very interesting idea figurelli. But what do you mean with Testing Methodology? Could you please explain more detail?

I like Championship methodology, for example, is a great way to filter the best strategies at this moment (that probably will change).

For me, the ideal solution is forward test millions of setups and several strategies in real time, and I work hard on this to filter strategies in my labs to create new Market products.

But I believe in simple solutions too, and MetaTrader Cloud and Custom Max formule allows this each time more.

Together with other factors, the factor "x", which is the luck factor will always be the final determinant. I believe it.

Let's wait and see ....

Reason: