Country and Equity of the ATC 2012 Champion

ATC championships are each year more competitive, but the final equity relies heavily on the market (and not just in technology and strategies), as shown in the table below that I created to analyse it better:

YearNameCountryPlatformEquity
 2012 ???  Russian Federation? MQL5 180K?
2011XupyprRussian FederationMQL5113,135.18
2010bobsleyRussian FederationMQL577,102.79
2008LiliputBulgariaMQL4169,584.64
2007BetterUkraineMQL4 130,475.45
2006RichUkraineMQL4 35,175.56

I would like to know your expectations (Country, Equity) of this year great Champion.

In my opinion, the winner of this year will reach the highest value in history, surpassing the 169K equity of Liliput in 2008, and near 180K. I also believe that Russia Federation will be the champion country again.

So, for me: (Russian Federation, 180K)

And you? 

1st place country - Russia or Indonesia.

Equity - about 150k.

Indonesia, about 500k

achidayat:

Indonesia, about 500k

About 500K !!! It would be great this final equity.

Some new factors can help to this, so is not impossible. For example, since 2011, a change in the rules, enables a bigger lot size for a symbol (in old championships, the total lot was 15, and now this is the maximal value per symbol).

Another important factor is the improvement of Metatrader 5, like cloud test and best strategy tester for multi-currency strategies.

figurelli:

About 500K !!! It would be great this final equity.

Some new factors can help to this, so is not impossible. For example, since 2011, a change in the rules, enables a bigger lot size for a symbol (in old championships, the total lot was 15, and now this is the maximal value per symbol).

Another important factor is the improvement of Metatrader 5, like cloud test and best strategy tester for multi-currency strategies.

I agree with you, especially on the last point.

achidayat:

Indonesia, about 500k
WooHoooo........just double word to you......... merapat-merapat...........

enivid:

1st place country - Russia or Indonesia.

Equity - about 150k.

Whoever the winner remains a privilege to know the strategies of the winners and please be shared. 

ok,guys instead of showing off, would  you please share your strategy ,and tell if you have used money management or not.

Based on the last year data which has been published a few days ago,I've noticed that most contestants has used  large lot size and some of them also have traded more than one currency pairs on their chart.

I haven't written any MQL programs before this contest ,and as a novice MQL programmer, I managed to enter this contest by using small lot sizes.I wish I had used the maximum allowed lot size(more than 70% of my positions hit TP),so I could show off here like you!

Any way, I wish you all the best.

brazandeh:

ok,guys instead of showing off, would  you please share your strategy ,and tell if you have used money management or not.

Based on the last year data which has been published a few days ago,I've noticed that most contestants has used  large lot size and some of them also have traded more than one currency pairs on their chart.

I haven't written any MQL programs before this contest ,and as a novice MQL programmer, I managed to enter this contest by using small lot sizes.I wish I had used the maximum allowed lot size(more than 70% of my positions hit TP),so I could show off here like you!

Hi, brazandeh, good idea compare strategies also. Before we need a research about each strategy used by the winners. 

brazandeh:

you can also use large lot size unless you are having large drawn down though you have 70% TP.

you can start sharing your strategy and we can try to comment on it. 

Looking for ATC winner strategies, I started with 2008, the best performance ever in an ATC.

Note that the market volatility was very high in 2008, because US subprime crisis impact. My EA in this year, for example, reached several times the first position (and my ilusions to win too!), but with so high exposure it couldn't survive more than a month.

2008 (Liliput) Algorithm: used a decision tree, that was trained by a RIPPER algorithm. RIPPER is a rule-based learner that builds a set of rules that identify the classes while minimizing the amount of error. The error is defined by the number of training examples misclassified by the rules. During the championship, Liliput posted that the EA was trained outside MQL platform.

In my opinion, choose Artificial Intelligence (AI) for such scenario and market was the right and decisive decision to reach this performance.

Reason: