Can we test news EA? How to test a news EA?

Dear experienced traders,

Can we test news EA? 

Do we need to download the new manually when we want to test it? 

How to do it? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

If the author/coder allows news EA to test so - yes.
It depends on how it was coded.

Usually, the coders make a possibility for the EA to download all news events to text file (automatically), update this file periodically in automatic way by the EA. And we can backtest it because of that.

So, it depends on how it was coded.

Sergey Golubev:
If the author/coder allows news EA to test so - yes.
It depends on how it was coded.

Usually, the coders make a possibility for the EA to download all news events to text file (automatically), update this file periodically in automatic way by the EA. And we can backtest it because of that.

So, it depends on how it was coded.

Thank you so much, Sergey. 

I got it. 

Because of I'm ordering some EA, I think I have to ask my partner to code it as could back test. 

Will this kind of code slow the EA work in real ac? (I saw some coder make test mode and real mode. )

Sky L:

I got it. 

Because of I'm ordering some EA, I think I have to ask my partner to code it as could back test. 

Will this kind of code slow the EA work in real ac? (I saw some coder make test mode and real mode. )

Yes, ask for possibility to backtest, and ask about how to do it - because if it is related to txt file which is automatically downloaded by the EA (once in 15 minutes?) from news source so ask - where to place (replace) this file from Files folder of Metatrader to .. (to backtest and to optimize)?

Besides, it may be good to ask the developer about the following:
which news source (news website/news calendar website) will he use for this NewsTrader EA?
Because some calendar websites protect their calendar pages from using it with NewsTrader EAs/indicators.
I mean: it is better to have several news sources by choice (you can choose), for example: news events from investing.com, or from FF forum, or from this mql5 portal, may be - more (by your choice).
And if one source is closed for you (for EA) so you can select the other one.
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: " 1 minute OHLC " using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in " Every tick " mode, as well as the most accurate " Every tick based on real ticks " mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to...

Sergey Golubev:
Yes, ask for possibility to backtest, and ask about how to do it - because if it is related to txt file which si automatically downloaded by the EA from news source so ask - where to place (replace) this file from Files folder of Metatrader to ..?

Besides, it may be good to ask the developer about the following: which news source (news website/news calendar website) will he use for this NewsTrader EA?
Because some calendar websites are secured their calendar pages protecting those pages from using it with NewsTrader EAs/indicators.
I mean: it is better to have several news sources by choice (you can choose), for example: news events from investing.com, from ff forum, from this mql5 portal, may be - more.
And if one source is closed for you (for EA) so you can select the other one.

I got it! 

Reason: