Max Lots : Is MaxLot = LotsLimit ?

Hi,

I'm wondering if MaxLots = 10 means that only 10 can be purchased totally or is it possible to purchase 2 * 50 ?

I've tried on a demo account and I can add others lots of 10 to my position. So not sure about that

I think you could mean asking the following question ...

Can I open more lots than the the broker allow ...

If you use the following ... MaxLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT) you will normally in return will know

the max lot size that broker allow in one trade (order) ... Let us say, it is 100 lots.

You can open more than  100 lots by tweaking the code in a way to divide the total required lots by several lots.

So, you you want  - for example - to open 244.5 lots, you may initiate a loop to divide the TotalLots on 1, 2, 3, ..., ,,,

Once yo get the first division result which is less than MaxLotm then open that number of orders (loop last value) 

with same division result, i,e., 3 orders of 81,5 lots.

If you want to open them manually, sure you can open 3 orders of 81.5 lots. 

Osama Shaban:

I think you could mean asking the following question ...

Can I open more lots than the the broker allow ...

If you use the following ... MaxLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT) you will normally in return will know

the max lot size that broker allow in one trade (order) ... Let us say, it is 100 lots.

You can open more than  100 lots by tweaking the code in a way to divide the total required lots by several lots.

So, you you want  - for example - to open 244.5 lots, you may initiate a loop to divide the TotalLots on 1, 2, 3, ..., ,,,

Once yo get the first division result which is less than MaxLotm then open that number of orders (loop last value) 

with same division result, i,e., 3 orders of 81,5 lots.

If you want to open them manually, sure you can open 3 orders of 81.5 lots. 

I meant. Is the order max lot size = the position max lot size ? I'm seeing that it's not, I'd like a confirmation.