Wishful thinking on Martingale - page 2

A martingale means you putting capital against trillion dollar market and going to under estimate the opposition so where is win point?

Alain Verleyen:

Just a quick thought. Martingale should not be seen as a trading strategy but as a money management option. What I mean by this is : you can't hope to turn a poor strategy to a winning one by using a martingale. But if you have a good, winning strategy you can improve your results with a martingale money management. It's not a sufficient condition, but it's a necessary one.

Beside that you need to find the good martingale for your trading strategy, which even as money management is generally not easy.

After many days research with Alain words we can ad Martingale MM in a strategy which actually works.    I'm agree with him though I object in previous comments but if only Martin doesn't works but if we attach it with any strategy actually it's works.

Thanks 

Hi Michael

Martingale/Grid Systems really interest me. I have studied several different methods. Am trading a modified version live at the moment and another in testing. 

I would be happy to code up an EA for you so that we can back test. If you provide me the rules for the EA, I can get started?

I've been trading using my EA based on martingale since October 2016. So far results are positive with maximum drawdown kept below 7%.

Account growth
Files:
Growth.jpg  89 kb

CKOLAN SIPAUL:
I've been trading using my EA based on martingale since October 2016. So far results are positive with maximum drawdown kept below 7%.
Yes but watch out for the sharks. They bite any time unexpectedly.  Other word - somewhere down the line...martingale can wipe out your account any time. I can say martingale is one of the most dangerous Money Managements.

Daniel Krebs #:

Hi Michael

Martingale/Grid Systems really interest me. I have studied several different methods. Am trading a modified version live at the moment and another in testing. 

I would be happy to code up an EA for you so that we can back test. If you provide me the rules for the EA, I can get started?

Hi Daniel, were you experimenting on adding martingale as a money management to to the Expert CSignal class?

It is a legit strategy if combine with proper technical analysis to determine the trend, decide the entry level, and money management...

DO NOT BLINDLY DO MARTINGALE JUST BECAUSE PRICE KEEP ON GOING ONE WAY OR BECAUSE THE FLOATING LOSS IS DEEP!

Cheers...

Stephanus Ivan Yulianto #:

It is a legit strategy if combine with proper technical analysis to determine the trend, decide the entry level, and money management...

DO NOT BLINDLY DO MARTINGALE JUST BECAUSE PRICE KEEP ON GOING ONE WAY OR BECAUSE THE FLOATING LOSS IS DEEP!

Cheers...

I've been trying to add the hedging algorythm to the CSignal class for under 6 months now but haven't had a break in my project. If you have found a way can i see the algorythm so that I see where I'm going wrong. Alternatively creating the logic through Ctrade has prven successful on the first attempt.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

Reason: