Download MetaTrader 5

So confused Help with modifying CCI+RSI

To add comments, please log in or register
Jonathan Troutt
Jonathan Troutt  
So I am trying to add an alert function when CCI and RSI cross a certain level. I have been reading through the programming tutorial but I am lost at this point. I have a small amount of programming experience with embedded systems but this is totally different for me. I know I have to create function for the alert. I just need help is anyone willing?
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  
Have you written some code?
Jonathan Troutt
Jonathan Troutt  
Vasyl Nosal:
Have you written some code?
lol yes but it is gone I delete and started all over. I think part of my issue is that I do not know what is going on withing the code of both the indicators. I did make a flow chart though to help me with the coding process
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  

Look to my template of arrow indicator with alert.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/14173

Arrows Template
Arrows Template
  • votes: 17
  • Vasyl Nosal
  • www.mql5.com
Индикатор-шаблон который рисует на графике стрелки.
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  

Than change "main" to this

//main
   double rsi,rsi_prev;

for(int i=all-counted;i>=0;i--)
 {
 if(i>Bars-20) i=Bars-20; 

if(i==0)
 {
 up_arr[i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
 down_arr[i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
 }

rsi=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
 rsi_prev=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,i+1);
 if(rsi_prev<=20 && rsi>20) up_arr[i]=Low[i]-arrow_indent*Point; //up arrow
 if(rsi_prev>=80 && rsi<80) down_arr[i]=High[i]+arrow_indent*Point; //down arrow
 }
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  

You will have arrows on rsi crossing+alert.

Hope you will deal and understand logic of crossing. You nned to compare previous data of rsi and current with level. 

Jonathan Troutt
Jonathan Troutt  
Ok thank you just got home and saw this I will give this a look and get back to you with questions. Thank you again.
Jonathan Troutt
Jonathan Troutt  

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to add the alert and crossover detection within the code for the RSI. Now here is another question for you. I was thinking if I had the base start I could add the other part in of what I want since it is just another alert upon crossing but it is also dependent on the RSI. So this is what I added to MAIN. I keep getting errors naturally. So what is going on here I apologize for my inexperience. My programming experience dealt with microprocessors and low level languages. I obviously am having a difficult time with Object oriented languages, this on in particular.

The idea here is the have the arrow and/or the alert when both the RSI and CCI cross a certain range at a certain time.

//main
      double rsi,rsi_prev,cci,cci_prev;

for(int i=all-counted;i>=0;i--)
 {
 if(i>Bars-20) i=Bars-20; 

if(i==0)
 {
 up_arr[i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
 down_arr[i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
 }

rsi=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
 rsi_prev=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,i+1);
 cci=iCCI(Symbol(),0,14, PRICE_CLOSE1,i);
 cci_prev=iCCI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE1,i+1);
 if(rsi_prev<=45 && rsi>=50) && (cci_prev<=-5 && cci>=0) up_arr[i]=Low[i]-arrow_indent*Point; //up arrow
 if(rsi_prev>=55 && rsi<50) && (cci_prev>=5 && cci<=0) down_arr[i]=High[i]+arrow_indent*Point; //down arrow
 }
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  

You need to show errors.

CLOSE1

delete "1" 

Jonathan Troutt
Jonathan Troutt  
'arrows_template2.mq4'    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line 1  Column  1
'&&' - operand expected    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line 102   Column 30
'up_arr' - some operator expected    arrows_template2.mq4       Line  102   Column 58
expression has no effect    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line  102   Column 47
expression has no effect    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line 102   Column 74
'&&' - operand expected    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line 103  Column  29
'down_arr' - some operator expected    arrows_template2.mq4   Line 103    Column56
expression has no effect    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line 103    Column45
expression has no effect    arrows_template2.mq4                     Line103   Column 75
4 error(s), 4 warning(s)        5    5

Here are the errors. I've gotten a few to go away but still having issues with these. Is my thinking correct with what I have added in the last post to MAIN?
Vasyl Nosal
Vasyl Nosal  
Jonathan Troutt:

Here are the errors. I've gotten a few to go away but still having issues with these. Is my thinking correct with what I have added in the last post to MAIN?
Better attach file
To add comments, please log in or register