EA Remote control MQL4 - page 2

Stanislav Korotky:
Your only resort is probably identification of a user instead of a PC, and then you can limit a number of simultaneous connections every logged in user can establish on your back-end and use your service.

Well, Windows user profile to be precise. Simple checking simultaneous connections generates traffic, so occasional authentication of the user is more relaxed for both ends.

Georgiy Liashchenko:
I was thinking, that we can sell license in such way, using WebRequest() to login to website. If we want to cancel subscription, just change account password and EA won't work. And vs if we want to turn ea in, just resume account password. Could you please explain how to work with other servers, websites. In the info there is only mql5.com login method. For example if i want to make it login to my website to do some actions.

Not sure how to help, the MT4 behaves as a frontend sending a request, and a simple (PHP or whatever) script and a (MySQL) database are on the server side to generate a response (with your authentication result or a command). 

Ovo Cz:

Well, Windows user profile to be precise. Simple checking simultaneous connections generates traffic, so occasional authentication of the user is more relaxed for both ends.

I don't get you. I did not suggest to use Windows profile, if this is your requirement, you'll have to deal with some other software layer than pure MT. Also, there is no any additional traffic: the server just checks its local DB for a user state, and if a client (MT) is already connected for provided credentials new log in attempt will fail.

Stanislav Korotky:
I don't get you. I did not suggest to use Windows profile, if this is your requirement, you'll have to deal with some other software layer than pure MT. Also, there is no any additional traffic: the server just checks its local DB for a user state, and if a client (MT) is already connected for provided credentials new log in attempt will fail.

Never mind, I do not intend to analyse what is the best, it depends on coder's policy. If you name winapi a layer, then yes, I need it to identify the environment before the webrequest is invoked. But it is not the topic here.

The MQL webrequest does not work with indicators, and it is also working synchronously. For indicators I need asynchronous web request, so I use wininet anyway.

I have already done it. Enable/Disabled an EA remotely. Change the permissions associated with a particular EA. All can be controlled with my own build RemoteControl Software. 

I have controlled my EA's with the MT4 Android App.

I had the EA listen for a specific 0.01 lot order.

So whenever i opened up this small order on my mobile device, the EA running on my vps would see it and execute a series of events, depending on the order type.

A very crude and perhaps limited way of doing things, but it worked very well for what i programmed it to do.

Sajid Islam:
I have already done it. Enable/Disabled an EA remotely. Change the permissions associated with a particular EA. All can be controlled with my own build RemoteControl Software. 

How to do it?

Tran Ngoc Dung:

How to do it?

by Enable/Disabling  EA, they mean enabling/disabling trade permission on that EA.
so EA is active on the instrument, but there is a flag/permission the EA is looking for, before trading. when that flag is set, (the permission is granted)  EA is allowed to do trade operations.
otherwise it's just active on chart, doing nothing.

Code2219 or probably 2319:
by Enable/Disabling  EA, they mean enabling/disabling trade permission on that EA.
so EA is active on the instrument, but there is a flag/permission the EA is looking for, before trading. when that flag is set, (the permission is granted)  EA is allowed to do trade operations.
otherwise it's just active on chart, doing nothing.
I have 1 EA, I provide it to everyone. I want to remotely control whether people use it or not, because I'm afraid when market volatility will not affect people's accounts.

Tran Ngoc Dung:
I have 1 EA, I provide it to everyone. I want to remotely control whether people use it or not, because I'm afraid when market volatility will not affect people's accounts.

add a filter to your EA to avoid trading when in risky market moments.
that's a safer procedure than controlling your EA remotely manually, if you're caring about your clients' accounts. :)
cause you may miss activation/deactivation some times.

Code2219 or probably 2319:

add a filter to your EA to avoid trading when in risky market moments.
that's a safer procedure than controlling your EA remotely manually, if you're caring about your clients' accounts. :)
cause you may miss activation/deactivation some times.

I also want to protect my copyright from afar
Reason: