Problem to buy or test products with MT5 over Linux

Hello,

Is there a solution Metaquest Software proposes for users under Linux to access market products ? actually I've tested 1./ Wine emulation system and 2./ Windows 7 on a VM (virtual machine) but both returns an error when trying to download or test products.

Thank you,

Florent:

Hello,

Is there a solution Metaquest Software proposes for users under Linux to access market products ? actually I've tested 1./ Wine emulation system and 2./ Windows 7 on a VM (virtual machine) but both returns an error when trying to download or test products.

Thank you,

Hello Florent,

Metaquotes doesn't support Linux officially.

Some users emulate it with Wine and MAC users work with a Windows Installation on Parallels Desktop.

I'm really wondering that it doesn't work with a native Windows 7 installation on your VM.

Can you check which Internet Explorer version is installed on this Win7 and post the error message? 

Best regards

Daniel 

The licensing process is linked to operating system.

There can be several error, due to problems with setting up a secure connection, or due to mismatch in returned expected machine specs.

We need to know what error you get.

Several options, you can contact the developer of the product, to see if they are willing to send you a time limited, account limited version of the ea.

This way you wont have to physically buy the product and just copy it to experts folder.

This way also makes it easier to re use the ea on virtual machines that can change, because if you bought the product new problems can arise when using different VM's.

If you want to purchase the product from market my advise is to do it on a legit empty windows machine, and keep it clean, why go through all the Linux hassle.

Reason: