Debugger in Tester Mode

Hi,

When I use the Strategy Test, it does not go into the OnTick routine.
I put breakPoints that are never reached ?

any idea ?

Maybe the break point is invalid (like inreachable).

I would like to continue this old thread. Obviously, many lack debugging in strategy tester. I would really appreciate being able to use DebugBreak there. 

So, could anyone who has inside info tell us whether such a functionality is going to be added in MT any time soon?

Thanks!  

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / DebugBreak
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / DebugBreak - Documentation on MQL5

ns_k:

I would like to continue this old thread. Obviously, many lack debugging in strategy tester. I would really appreciate being able to use DebugBreak there. 

So, could anyone who has inside info tell us whether such a functionality is going to be added in MT any time soon?

Thanks!  

This topic also ask for the same thing. Haye you tried to ask on the Russian forum ?

angevoyageur:
This topic also ask for the same thing. Haye you tried to ask on the Russian forum ?

I did better - searched for simular questions there. There are plenty of them, some left unanswered, others not. The best answer is "debugger for tester is in our plans, but unfortunately we are not able to give you any specific timeframe on implementation" dated 2013.02. As I see this MQ created an excellent product which attracted so many, that they are now overwhelmed with questions and requests for futher improvemets. Sometimes they don't even answer on the questions that are asked over and over again, and the reason is quite clear :) - All of us imagine our wishes to be magically done overnight :), but that is not possible of course.

Metaquotes is not IBM who has a roadmap on future software development but that would be really nice of them to organize public relations on Englush\Russian forums even better than it is right now. Many of us, I believe, gonna be happy with months\years timeframe and such a roadmap of a roadmap would suit us.

Thank you for listening. 

ns_k:

I did better - searched for simular questions there. There are plenty of them, some left unanswered, others not. The best answer is "debugger for tester is in our plans, but unfortunately we are not able to give you any specific timeframe on implementation" dated 2013.02. As I see this MQ created an excellent product which attracted so many, that they are now overwhelmed with questions and requests for futher improvemets. Sometimes they don't even answer on the questions that are asked over and over again, and the reason is quite clear :) - All of us imagine our wishes to be magically done overnight :), but that is not possible of course.

Metaquotes is not IBM who has a roadmap on future software development but that would be really nice of them to organize public relations on English\Russian forums even better than it is right now. Many of us, I believe, gonna be happy with months\years timeframe and such a roadmap of a roadmap would suit us.

Thank you for listening. 

I totally agree with that. But how to make them understand that, I am ready to assume the task but don't have any inside information ;-)

"Hi,

any idea ?"

Maybe during your debuging the market was closed :-D I've the same problem this week, I search a tick generator for mt5 but it's not a great success for the moment :-D

Bisemper:

"Hi,

any idea ?"

Maybe during your debuging the market was closed :-D I've the same problem this week, I search a tick generator for mt5 but it's not a great success for the moment :-D

Yes, debugger doesn't work with Strategy Tester. Maybe OnTimer() could be used, but I don't have tested.

angevoyageur:
I totally agree with that. But how to make them understand that, I am ready to assume the task but don't have any inside information ;-)

Here is how I feel about the situation. As a former programmer who used to have just about 500 users of a software being developped I can only imagine how difficult it is  to participate in both processes (development and answering the questions) on a product that has so many users all over the world. So, I would suggest them to ban programmers from direct answering on forums and hiring a special PR person to be in charge of answering questions. The word "Corp" ;) in the name of the company tells me that it is possible for them to have such a special person, who would not be a moderator of course, but a e-representative, kind of virtual official voice of the company in both forums. 

Hope this helps.

ps. In case you would be in charge you need to "stay close to programmers", you need to have access to their plans and speak for them, removing from them emotional stress of dealing with such impatient beings as users. 

ns_k:

Here is how I feel about the situation. As a former programmer who used to have just about 500 users of a software being developped I can only imagine how difficult it is  to participate in both processes (development and answering the questions) on a product that has so many users all over the world. So, I would suggest them to ban programmers from direct answering on forums and hiring a special PR person to be in charge of answering questions. The word "Corp" ;) in the name of the company tells me that it is possible for them to have such a special person, who would not be a moderator of course, but a e-representative, kind of virtual official voice of the company in both forums. 

Hope this helps.

ps. In case you would be in charge you need to "stay close to programmers", you need to have access to their plans and speak for them, removing from them emotional stress of dealing with such impatient beings as users. 

Good idea, but this is necessary not only for programmers, but also for traders, providers/subscribers of Signals, and others services.

Thanks for your help angevoyageur but it don't work, It also ignores OnTimer() :-/

edit:

It works, I forgot to do that in the init part:

EventSetTimer(1);

Reason: