Receiving signals

Once you have officially subscribed to a signal provider, do you have to keep your laptop/desktop on at all times, or is being logged in on your moblie phone metatrader account sufficient to receive the signals?

terminal has to keep running.

if you don't want that you can look for a vps.

Marco vd Heijden:

terminal has to keep running.

if you don't want that you can look for a vps.

so i have to be logged on my laptop metatrader at all times? whats a vps?

Your laptop/desktop must be online ofcourse you must be logged in mt4 24hrs a day.

if you are interested or not possible buy one vps by paying monthly rental.

VPS is Virtual Private Server which will be online 24 hrs a day. by having VPS, setup your mt4 and your trading account logged in on yout VPS.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/994

How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader client terminal is perfect for automating trading strategies. It has all tools necessary for trading robot developers ‒ powerful C++ based MQL4/MQL5 programming language, convenient MetaEditor development environment and multi-threaded strategy tester that supports distributed computing in MQL5 Cloud Network. In this article, you will find out how to move your client terminal to the virtual environment with all custom elements.

Thanks, really helpful

I've put my MT4 on a VPS but when I start my pc and mt4 in the morning I see in the Journal the following:

'synchronisation finished succesfully'

'ping to signal server, trade server'

etc.

---------

This makes me wonder if my platform was running properly on the VPS? and the connection with the signal provider was still going after I shut down my pc? I have yet to receive a signal from my subscription.

Is it perhaps that I should not down the MT4 platform, but only the pc??

--------

I am not strong in IT unfortunately.

tonyelsing:

I've put my MT4 on a VPS but when I start my pc and mt4 in the morning I see in the Journal the following:

'synchronisation finished succesfully'

'ping to signal server, trade server'

etc.

---------

This makes me wonder if my platform was running properly on the VPS? and the connection with the signal provider was still going after I shut down my pc? I have yet to receive a signal from my subscription.

Is it perhaps that I should not down the MT4 platform, but only the pc??

--------

I am not strong in IT unfortunately.

When you synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, signal copying is performed in the virtual server and you can close your PC.

Reason: