Volume VS Lot

hi All,

I was studying the CExpertMoney classes and came to the conclusion that one of the methods use was OrderProfitCheck from the CAccountInfo class is using Volume apose to lot. this method description is below:

The function calculates the profit for the current account, based on the parameters passed. The function is used for pre-evaluation of the result of a trade operation. The value is returned in the account currency.

double OrderProfitCheck(
const string symbol, // symbol
ENUM_ORDER_TYPE trade_operation, // operation type (ORDER_TYPE_BUY or ORDER_TYPE_SELL)
double volume, // volume
double price_open, // open price
double price_close // close price
) const

note the 3rd paremeter is volume. In my mind this is lot right? is there a diffrence? 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Hi, remember me ?

It's a lot, No I don't mean a plenty I mean lotsize. What else could it be when we calculating profit ?.

Difference with what ? Tick volume ?, a volume of glass of water ?. This naming convention. ... argh ... it's describing the size of something. 

Look, open your MT5 and order something, The "New Order" pop up window will ask you for volume and the "Toolbox" window with "trade" and "history" tabs will tell you how much volume you trade. It's a lot.

Open Depth Market window, it's called amount, beside lots.

Tell you what, in MT4, "terminal -trade- account history" tab, it's called size, not volume, not a lot. 

Ask MetaQuotes, why using volume and not a lot or lotsize, cause volume is too general while lot is specific, and gives you a headache :).

Reason: