Alpari has launched the live MetaTrader 5 platform

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/alpari-uk-launches-live-metatrader-5-trading-platform-and-new-ecn-account-2012-04-03

LONDON, Apr 03, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE)

Alpari (UK) Limited ("Alpari (UK)"), one of the leading global providers of online foreign exchange ("Forex", "FX"), precious metals and CFD trading services, has launched the live MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform. Previously available as a demo only, Alpari (UK) is one of the first major Forex brokers to launch this feature-rich online trading platform developed by MetaQuotes.

The key benefits of MT5 trading with Alpari (UK) include:

• Non-dealing desk (NDD) execution with access to multiple liquidity providers (bank liquidity)
  • Direct market access (DMA) and market depth to analyse market liquidity
  • One-click trading and no re-quotes for speed of execution
  • Spreads from 0 pips and up to 1:500 leverage
  • New order types and advanced order expiration types including “fill or kill”

Alpari (UK) offers MT5 on the new ECN (Electronic Communication Network) account that requires a minimum deposit of just USD200. Traders can use the ECN account to trade Forex and precious metals. They can choose from 34 currency pairs plus spot gold and silver. ECN trading on MT5 is available on the iPhone, iPad and Android. Demo accounts are also available.

With MT5 traders can apply their Expert Advisor (“EA”) strategies in a highly efficient way. EAs are mechanical systems that allow traders to fully automate their trading processes and analytical activities to execute trades more efficiently.

The new MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester enables traders to test and optimise EA strategies in minutes rather than hours. In order to optimise EAs, traders use historical data to find out how well a particular EA strategy would have performed in the past. This is the so-called backtesting. Many tests and strategy modifications are necessary before an EA is ready to be applied to a Live account. The Strategy Tester gives traders access to a remote computer cluster and the calculation capacity of thousands of computers all over the world to accelerate the optimisation process.

Andrey Vedikhin, CEO of Alpari (UK) and co-founder of the Alpari companies worldwide, said, “MT5 is a highly advanced trading platform, giving traders a great deal of choice and flexibility. Technological innovation is pivotal in providing outstanding trading services and we aim to be at the forefront of the Forex market by offering cutting-edge platforms and products.

“The launch of the sophisticated MT5 platform and our new ECN account with spreads from 0 pips truly enhance our offering. It is revolutionary that with a MetaTrader ECN account, retail clients can now enjoy NDD, DMA, market depth, one-click trading and no re-quotes -- advantages usually reserved for large-volume traders only.”

That's good news for me because I have alpari UK accounts.

I'll take that this topics also act as MetaQuotes official confirmation to traders that this is safe for live trading and also MetaQuotes official confirmation that this public beta testing has ended.

Now I know why Alpari UK MetaTrader 4 is still build 409 and the latest is actually 419

But, I'll take it. 

(P.S: ... the address field on open demo account can not accept slash "/" ...) 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Great news. Do they have a micro account on MT5 as well? Am looking for a broker with a live MT5 micro account. Anyone...

Good news.

Great..

note - they only support GTC on limit orders, and don't as yet have plans to change this.

Reason: