Download MetaTrader 5

best indicators to determine trending versus bouncing market?

To add comments, please log in or register
jazzpur
jazzpur  

greetings,

creating an EA that looks only at candle close prices to determine momentum

however i notice the sensitivity  varies a lot based on whether a market is trending or bouncing, id imagine volume is also effecting sensitivity. 

so i want to look at an indicator to determine these other conditions and create my own multiplier to vary the sensitivity 

are there any simple ways to look back a month and determine trend vs bouncing?

are there any simple ways to look back a month an determine average volume?

thanks 

jazzpur
jazzpur  

ive noticed that the momentum indicator for W1 works well for what i want to reference as far as volume and trending. however i  am trading this EA on M5

when momentum averages near the mean 100, i want to alter nothing,leave the highly sensitive multiplier (see case A, flat trend)

when momentum averages below 100, i want to alter short sensitivity  vs long  (see case B, directional trend)

when momentum averages 100 but jumps high and low under heavy volume, i want to make my multiplier less sensitive in both directions  ( see case C, volatile trend)

averages of W1 momentum from a few weeks back will determine trend direction

highs versus lows of W1 momentum from a few weeks back will determine sensitivity  of multiplier

logically i know how to do this but im new to programing so im still unsure how to implement the sampling

i dont know how to simply reference samples from a W1 macro chart, if im trading live on an active M5 chart

this is the momentum code....

can i simply  average out a few ExtMomBuffer[i] points?  i.e.     (ExtMomBuffer[1]+ ExtMomBuffer[2]+ ExtMomBuffer[3]) / 3   ??? 

im assuming those are the graph output points, but i just want to clarify?

if its infact that simple, how do i reference this back to weekly momentum parameters while working in M5?

To add comments, please log in or register