Ea sending info

Hi,

When i attach the ea, does broker knows i'm using ea for trading?

Thanks.

Yes.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes.

can you give a little bit more detail on this ?

i always store/keep my modifications local to mimic the manual trader, everything is hidden.

so i wonder how can they detect the ea ?

Marco vd Heijden:

can you give a little bit more detail on this ?

i always store/keep my modifications local to mimic the manual trader, everything is hidden.

so i wonder how can they detect the ea ?

The server (the broker) "knows" if an order was from a signal, an EA or manual. I can't find the source for now, but trust me, they know or can now.

By the way, I don't get what you mean by "store/keep my modifications local to mimic the manual trader, everything is hidden". When you send/modify/close/delete an order, you are communicating with the server.

Alain Verleyen:

The server (the broker) "knows" if an order was from a signal, an EA or manual. I can't find the source for now, but trust me, they know or can now.

By the way, I don't get what you mean by "store/keep my modifications local to mimic the manual trader, everything is hidden". When you send/modify/close/delete an order, you are communicating with the server.

no i do not, for example i store the trailing stop in a local variable so there will be no train of modify commands to the server it will only see open and close.

that means it is hidden for as long as the close command isn't triggered,

all this was designed to stay hidden from broker so that they can not see current stop loss or take profit levels.

since there is only ordersend and orderclose there will only be two times when there is server communication, so this was done to mimic a manual trader,

but now i found by your post that they do seem to see when it is a robot trading and when the orders are given directly manually.

i never knew they could see the difference.

i spoke to a lot of people that lost a lot of money and most of them described stop loss triggering by unusual spikes almost as if they were deliberately injected.

I won't go into detail about that, but i did write a system especially to discover these spikes, first a giveaway, and then, by automatic widening see if it was possible to expose what was happening.

This is what i believe the first thing you could try, when you sign up on a new data feed.

many times the ea has a fixed stop loss on every trade it makes, so you can see one spike means nothing, but when you deliberately increase your stop loss level, to find not one,

but a sequence of artificially induced spikes (it becomes apparent), that miss their target, you very well know what is going on, and it will be time to leave.  

I never said they know what your EA is doing.

I said that when the server receive a order request, it can know if it comes from an EA or not.

yes exactly so it can see it came from a robot and was not opened manually by using the order window.

i was under the impression manually opening a order was similar to a robot opening when it comes to the command sent,

but this is clearly not the case.

Would it be possible to create a set of hotkeys or some kind of script outside of MetaTrader to mimic the steps taken when placing a trade manually?

I have hotkeys for other things i do, just might be able too, just asking.

its a good question i have buttons that i can click that will simply do a single ordersend() but according to the info although i order manually, the broker should still see it as a robot since it was not opened by the new order window, i wonder where exactly lies the difference and what can be done about it, if any.

just for fun, i am creating a set of hotkeys that opens the platform, and the manual trading window. my problem is going to be how to include the trade information from a simple EA and enter it in the trade window. the EA must communicate or "send signals" outside of the platform, i have ideas but don't know how to code it, maybe through excel which has scripting capabilities.? then again we have latency problem if used for scalping, all of this will take off a second or two in the execution time.

i am probably wasting my time with all of this but at least i am not over trading my account, ;)

thanks for the exercise

yea i also thought about a screen overlay or something but it's just so much work and it doesnt really matter which way you place and close the order, its only the TP and SL levels i want to hide so it's not really a problem.
Reason: