Windows 10 - page 2

JTulley:

I seem to have lost all my EA activations when upgrading to Win 10.

Anyone else had this issue, or any idea how to get them back? 

Try to download purchased products: Downloading Previously Purchased Applications

Unfortunately I have no further activations left, so that technique doesn't work.

I already lost one activation when I upgraded to an SSD on one PC, so it would be nice to know how to recover the activations 

I have also just lost my activations for purchased EAs, immediately after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

How can this be fixed? I also appear to have run out of activations, although only activating them twice before. 

I fixed the issue by reverting back to Windows 8. All EAs activated as before the upgrade to Windows 10.

I'll upgrade back to Windows 10 when someone has found a better solution to this problem.

I upgraded both my PC and Laptop with windows 10. Unfortunately, it will cost you an activation to reinstall your EAs (in my case, 2 activation). For some reason, i thought the activations were tied to the MAC address. I was wrong. When contacting customer support, they quoted the agreement. 

For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.

Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled

Like others said - you will lose current activation of all purchases, and will need to reactivate them.

Windows is Windows. Upgrading to Windows 10 is nothing more than a Windows update. This therefore must be honoured.

Changing to a different operating system such as linux (which still does not work with EAs purchased from the Market) or Mac OS (for example) is understandable, according to the purchase agreement.

So when will this problem (updating to Windows 10) be fixed, who do we need to contact? I purchased this Windows 8 computer solely for EAs as every attempted on Linux failed (I use linux for everything else). Having to pay again to use the same EAs on Windows 10 seems unfair.

I am stuck on Windows 8 for now. 

mattmiller55:

Windows is Windows. Upgrading to Windows 10 is nothing more than a Windows update. This therefore must be honoured.

Changing to a different operating system such as linux (which still does not work with EAs purchased from the Market) or Mac OS (for example) is understandable, according to the purchase agreement.

So when will this problem (updating to Windows 10) be fixed, who do we need to contact? I purchased this Windows 8 computer solely for EAs as every attempted on Linux failed (I use linux for everything else). Having to pay again to use the same EAs on Windows 10 seems unfair.

I am stuck on Windows 8 for now. 

I agree with you, there is a problem with the activation system on mql5.com Market. We are now almost forced to update our OS and a licence linked to an OS is really a bad practice in my opinion.

A solution could be to have the possibility to release an activation :

1. We release an activation on a given computer/OS. We have now our activation count increased by 1.
  2. We update the OS.
  3. We re-activate on the same computer and new OS, our activation count is now the same as before.

Should not be so complicate to code for Metaquotes.

Hi guys,

I upgraded to w10 from w7 about a week ago. Since that my MT4 is not working at all. After launch its icon shows up is on system tray for a brief moment and then it shuts down immediately. Editor seems to be working properly.

I tried reinstall, run as administrator, compatibility modes. I downloaded MT4 from different broker, still the same. Only version I managed to get up and running was build 229, but it didnt make it to update itself.

So Im using it on virtual machine now but its not very convenient.

Do you have any advices, please?

Thanks

Andy 

Hi guys !

I confirm the trouble: I upgrade to windows 10 and now mt4 is asking me to use another activation. I find this a bit sour as I just bought some indi 3 weeks ago and I don't really want to use another activation as it's t he same computer and the same mt4 instance !

Regards,

Ced 

Reason: