How to transfer EA rent license my desktop to my VPS? Anyone knows?

Hi, 

I rented an EA and want to transfer the rent licences from my desktop to my VPS. I logged my account in the MT4 on the VPS but the EA does not show up, so I assume I have to transfer the license.

Is that possible, anyone knows?

RGds 

H3ll0W0rld:

Hi, 

I rented an EA and want to transfer the rent licences from my desktop to my VPS. I logged my account in the MT4 on the VPS but the EA does not show up, so I assume I have to transfer the license.

Is that possible, anyone knows?

RGds 

MT->Market->Purchased

Stuart Browne:
MT->Market->Purchased

Hi Stuart,

There are no purchases listed, thats the problem. But it shows up on the desktop where I initially rented it.  

On the VPS I'm logged-in in the mql5 community account and the same broker account like on the desktop 

Licensing is done on a per computer basis.

1. For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.
    Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

Marco vd Heijden:

1. For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.
    Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

Ok that explains it :-(

Thanks Marco 

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes, that is referring to the fact that a product is locked to a machine which downloaded it. But if you keep reading down the rest of the market rules (point 12, 13 & 14), you receive a minimum of 5 activations with each purchase (the seller could even offer more than 5) which means you can install the product on a minimum of up to 5 different machines.

So if you've only installed it once on your desktop (and haven't upgraded your OS), you can still install it on at least another 4 machines

p.s. those rules state 4 activations but I believe they mean 4 AFTER the initial one. I've never seen a product that lists only 4 activations....

p.p.s. I've never had to do it before, but have you tried going to MQL5.com on your VPS (logged in with the same MQL5 account as your desktop), go to the product page and try to download again? (I assume you've already tried refreshing the purchased products in the Market tab)

Ok, but it's not showing up in the purchase list, strange. I will ask the service desk.

H3ll0W0rld:
Ok, but it's not showing up in the purchase list, strange. I will ask the service desk.
Yeah sorry mate, can't think of anything else that might help

Stuart Browne:
Yeah sorry mate, can't think of anything else that might help

Service desk found and solved the problem :-)

When I made the purchase I wasn't logged into mql5 community, hence the purchase wasn't linked to my profile.

They fixed it.  

H3ll0W0rld:

Service desk found and solved the problem :-)

When I made the purchase I wasn't logged into mql5 community, hence the purchase wasn't linked to my profile.

They fixed it.  

Ahhhhhh. Glad to hear you got it sorted :)
Reason: