"Open charts limit reached"?

I'm having trouble with an EA I'm making, all works fine until at some point it stops working and the following text is outputted to the Journal tab (not to the Experts tab): "Open charts limit reached"

No other error or warning is given whatsoever, and I have no idea what part of the code is causing it. The docs weren't helpful on this one, what exactly this error means and what could be causing it?

I don't load any objects or indicators after the OnInit event, and I check that all indicators I'm using were initialized successfully.

If I remember correctly, each instance of MT has a chart limit of 100 charts.  Also, we are not mind readers, and cannot tell what is wrong with your code if you do not show it.  Post code (or parts of code) in messages using the "SRC" button at the top.

As far as it outputting to the Journal tab, that would make sense, since it is trying to let you know something is happening.

The code is not mine to share, I just want to know what this error is, because the docs won't say it.

You said I have a limit of 100 charts, but what exactly count as a chart? Because I'm certainly not opening 100 indicators, and I'm not sure what else could that be.

Havenard:

The code is not mine to share, I just want to know what this error is, because the docs won't say it.

You said I have a limit of 100 charts, but what exactly count as a chart? Because I'm certainly not opening 100 indicators, and I'm not sure what else could that be.

No, a chart is one (in the case of Forex) currency pair and time frame.  So, you could have one for EURUSD 1M one for EURUSD 1H, that would count as 2 charts, and so on.

IDK if there is a limit on how many indicators you can have active on a single chart.  You said you were having trouble with the EA you were making, I presumed that meant it was yours.

Havenard:

I'm having trouble with an EA I'm making, all works fine until at some point it stops working and the following text is outputted to the Journal tab (not to the Experts tab): "Open charts limit reached"

No other error or warning is given whatsoever, and I have no idea what part of the code is causing it. The docs weren't helpful on this one, what exactly this error means and what could be causing it?

I don't load any objects or indicators after the OnInit event, and I check that all indicators I'm using were initialized successfully.

If it's on Journal tab that probably doesn't come from your EA. Is this reproducible ?

Havenard:

A chart is a chart, nothing to do with an indicator. If you try to open more than 100 charts you will get this error.

Reason: