Intervall of connection to signal server.

Hi,

I would like to know how often the running Metatrader instance establishes a connection to the signal server to check for open position of the signal provider?

best regards,

Christoph

no ideas? any way to force a signal synchronization, except to close and reopen metatrader?

I am not aware of another way to synch, other than how you mentioned (restarting).  But I am also not currently subscribed to any signals, because I currently do not trade, and I also do not leave my laptop on all the time to be "open to trading".

JD4:

I am not aware of another way to synch, other than how you mentioned (restarting).  But I am also not currently subscribed to any signals, because I currently do not trade, and I also do not leave my laptop on all the time to be "open to trading".

JD4:
I respond to a post if I feel I have something useful to add to the discussion.

That was very helpful !!

vac: Read this :https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules#part_IV

17.Synchronization attempts in the Subscriber's trading account will be repeated until successful.

It does not state a specific interval, only that it will try until it succeeds.

Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Service Trading Signals: Signal Providers, how to create a signal subscription signals.

Marco vd Heijden:

That was very helpful !!

17.Synchronization attempts in the Subscriber's trading account will be repeated until successful.

thank you, it's sad that theres no hint about a possibility to "force a a sync"

best regards.

vac:
no ideas? any way to force a signal synchronization, except to close and reopen metatrader?
@ Marco - no one else was responding, vac wanted a response, so I responded.

yeah that makes sense.

i think vac wanted an answer not just a response telling him you don't know...how is that adding something meaningful?

if everybody that do not know start posting that they don't know, apocalyptic mass confusion will be ignited, the internet will freeze up.

Marco vd Heijden: the internet will freeze up.

sounds interesting ;-)

guys, calm down, everything's fine. as far as it seems there's no way to schedule the snyc intervall or to force it, except to close and reopen metatrader which is unpracticable for my problem. anyway....

vac:

sounds interesting ;-)

guys, calm down, everything's fine. as far as it seems there's no way to schedule the snyc intervall or to force it, except to close and reopen metatrader which is unpracticable for my problem. anyway....

Just thought of another possibility, but IDK if this might not be feasible for you (because of hassle going to remote trading setup on VPS).  You could unsubscribe (it just stops following the signal) and resubscribe to the same signal you want to synch up with.  I also have not tried it myself, but the theory is sound, and it might work.  That way wouldn't have to totally close down the TP.

JD4:
Just thought of another possibility, but IDK if this might not be feasible for you (because of hassle going to remote trading setup on VPS).  You could unsubscribe (it just stops following the signal) and resubscribe to the same signal you want to synch up with.  I also have not tried it myself, but the theory is sound, and it might work.  That way wouldn't have to totally close down the TP.

unfortunately I'M looking for a possibility which can be done automated and unsubscribe and resubscribe looks not like a preferrable way.

Anyway, thanks for your idea.

Marco vd Heijden:

That was very helpful !!

Thank you for this information n.n
Reason: