Synchronization of a signal on MT4. Please explain something specific to me about already opened trades.

This is about signal copying.

Mainly about synchronization.

My question is when I start a signal and the provider (master account) already has opened trades then will my account copy opened trades (for example if 4 trades are in drawdown open and 1 is in profit - like in a basket trading).

Then what will happen? Will my account copy

-ONLY the 4 trades in drawdown,

-will it open ALL trades,

-OR will it only open NEW trades?

To me what is below this isn't clear to answer my question.

1. Preliminary synchronization is necessary to start executing trades in the Subscriber's account based on the Signals from the Signals Source.
  2. Synchronization may require the Subscriber’s decision in case when:
    • there are pending orders in the Subscriber's trading account;
    • there are open positions in the Subscriber's trading account that are not related to Trading Signals of the Signals Source selected,
    • there is unrecorded profit on open positions in the trading account of the Signals Source which may suggest an adverse operation start for a Subscriber under less favorable terms.
  3. Synchronization attempts in the Subscriber's trading account will be repeated until successful.
  4. Subscriber may resort to forced synchronization if he agrees to start working under the Subscription immediately, without waiting for more favorable conditions in order to open positions based on the existing positions of the Signals Source.
  5. The fact of a successful synchronization is logged in the MetaTrader Client Terminal log.
  6. Execution of your own trades in the account which is subscribed to a Signal constitutes an interference and can lead to unpredictable results.

Thank you very much for the answer of somebody knows.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Requests to execute trade operations are formalized as orders. Each order has a variety of properties for reading. Information on them can be obtained using functions Position identifier that is set to an order as soon as it is executed. Each executed order results in a deal that opens or modifies an already existing position. The identifier of...

BoozeHound: -will it open ALL trades,

yes

William Roeder:

yes

OK great thank you for the help.

I'm surprised it would open trades already in profit. Bit annoying tbh but I guess i just would have to close them as soon as opened and cop the commission and double spread loss.

BoozeHound:

I'm surprised it would open trades already in profit. Bit annoying tbh but I guess i just would have to close them as soon as opened and cop the commission and double spread loss.

You close them and the signal will probably open them again.

BoozeHound:

That's why it is advised to wait for a moment that the signal has no open trades, to perform your synchronization with it.

Reason: