EAs not working in MT4, please help - page 2

Fernando Carreiro:

There is no singular solution. It has to be evaluated and resolved on a case by case basis.

As was already stated several times on the thread - unless you provide plenty of details, we will not be able to identify the problem in order to help you. We do not have a "magic crystal ball"!

You will have to at least provide the log files with any error messages, but eventually the source code will also be needed to be able to evaluate the problem and to replicate the conditions for testing and comparing the results.

If you don't have the source code then you will have to contact the developer and request assistance.

Actually I have also faced a similar issue, EA until yesterday it was trading , But today it is not. Then I found out those, please refer to the attached PNG, So I guess market had gone to CLOSE status at the time of delete function execution, So it was unable to get deleted and error cause the EA to stop. Actually  it is a pending order, It happened on yesterday and remained in error status, seems it was not cleared and initialized.So it is not trading today because of that i guess, ( Actually  I am developing a NightScalper )  So how to handle and clear the Runtime error, if such thing happens, if I use   GetLastError()  will it be able to start trading  normal? like resetting the EA ? Please help 

Thanks

Silva

Files:
Capture3.PNG  9 kb
Capture4.PNG  16 kb

inigam08:

Not working.

It has a smiling face, but no trades triggers and and a 'yellow' triangle in the beggining of the line in the journal tab when the message for 'loaded successfully' appears.

Please advise. using FREE version on a demo account.

thank you

It could be because of a  Error prompt could you try using   GetLastError() function after the order operation functions like "Send" and "Delete" , Modify ect..you can try to use 

GetLastError - Checkup - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

silva271:

Actually I have also faced a similar issue, EA until yesterday it was trading , But today it is not. Then I found out those, please refer to the attached PNG, So I guess market had gone to CLOSE status at the time of delete function execution, So it was unable to get deleted and error cause the EA to stop. Actually  it is a pending order, It happened on yesterday and remained in error status, seems it was not cleared and initialized.So it is not trading today because of that i guess, ( Actually  I am developing a NightScalper )  So how to handle and clear the Runtime error, if such thing happens, if I use   GetLastError()  will it be able to start trading  normal? like resetting the EA ? Please help 

Thanks

Silva

First image says: Invalid Lot Amount, which means, you are trying to send an order which contais a Volume Lot not permitted for the symbol. 

Each symbol has a lot stepping and maximum and mimimum values. Some  symbols accept lots only by 0.010 to 0.010 step increases, others by 0.001 by 0.001 steps.. etc

You could also be sending a huge value, or a value below the minimum accepted. 

the second image says the market was closed at the time the EA tried to delete a pending order.. this is NOT a problem, is just an INFORMATION. 

Just try to delete the pending order later, when the market will be opened. This is super normal. Just wait and Try do delete later.

There is no reason for the EA to stop working after Any nor Both situation situations above. If it stoped it may be caused by other origin. 

silva271:

It could be because of a  Error prompt could you try using   GetLastError() function after the order operation functions like "Send" and "Delete" , Modify ect..you can try to use 

Please edit your post and use the code button (Alt+S) when pasting code.

EDIT your original post, please do not just post the code correctly in a new post.

Reason: