Metatrader 4 install asks for proxy information - page 2

If PC has enough ram you can just install it in the live system. Some distributions have a version of wine-staging in own repositoies, no need to remember addresses. Or wine-devel, that might also work, although wine-staging is a parallel development process, not exactly a semi-stable of wine-devel or a beta of wine-stable.

I just confirmed what @kypa says. Using wine-staging (as opposed to stable) will prevent the proxy server prompt. (Thanks matey).

Esfan:
I just confirmed what @kypa says. Using wine-staging (as opposed to stable) will prevent the proxy server prompt. (Thanks matey).
Please Esfan how can I activate the wine-staging  cos I Havent even installed the mt5...?where do I activate that..?

From a terminal.

Please see: https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Ubuntu - WineHQ Wiki
  • wiki.winehq.org
Translations of this page: 简体中文 The WineHQ repository key was changed on 2018-12-19. If you downloaded and added the key before that time, you will need to download and add the new key and run sudo apt update to accept the repository changes. If you have previously installed a Wine package from another repository, please remove it and any...

I have uninstalled the Anti-virus, disabled windows firewall but still I can't in MT4/ MT5, proxy server pop ups. How do I get the proxy server so that I can install the metatrader software, please help

daluks98:
I have uninstalled the Anti-virus, disabled windows firewall but still I can't in MT4/ MT5, proxy server pop ups. How do I get the proxy server so that I can install the metatrader software, please help

There are many threads/posts about it, for example -

• post - #3
  • and use search (search results link is here)
PlayOnMac Asking for Proxy Settings During MT5 Installation
PlayOnMac Asking for Proxy Settings During MT5 Installation
  • www.mql5.com
Hi all, After checking the entire forum and Google with no luck, I am posting this article to request some help...
Reason: