Live Update to 251 didn't work

After the live update just released (build 251), running the terminal caused 100% CPU usage and required 'End Process' terminal.exe to recover.

Uninstalling MT5, downloading from the web site and re-installing allowed it to run once.

After closing, running the terminal again 100% CPU usage. 'End Process' terminal.exe to recover.

Uninstall, re-install did not correct the problem.

PC restart did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions for what should I try next?

System: XP Home Edition SP3

Jellybean

Jellybean posted  :

After the live update just released (build 251), running the terminal caused 100% CPU usage and required 'End Process' terminal.exe to recover.

Uninstalling MT5, downloading from the web site and re-installing allowed it to run once.

After closing, running the terminal again 100% CPU usage. 'End Process' terminal.exe to recover.

Uninstall, re-install did not correct the problem.

PC restart did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions for what should I try next?

System: XP Home Edition SP3

Jellybean

I think this is PC specific. I had the same problem on an earlier build. I uninstalled, deleted the whole directory structure and reinstalled and it was OK. Certainly 251 is fine for me. However, the first time I booted 251, I didn't get the interface come up, so I stopped the process and retried which worked.

I'm not sure of the live update process. Once we click the button, the interface goes, but should we wait for it to come back by itself, or should we click the icon again? If so after how long?

-Jerry

Once I click the button , My Mt5(build 251)'s interface didn't come out and  had used 50% cpu(Q8300).

bcsunwww:

Once I click the button , My Mt5(build 251)'s interface didn't come out and  had used 50% cpu(Q8300).

Yes! EXACTLY 50%! Now that's a coincidence. I get just the same - no interface and 50% CPU. The way I got it started again was to rename the folder of the profile I was on. So, if I was on British Pound, I'd rename C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Profiles\Charts\British Pound\ to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Profiles\Charts\British Pound_1\

Then it starts up OK. Not a solution, but a work around.

-Jerry

netconuk:

Yes! EXACTLY 50%! Now that's a coincidence. I get just the same - no interface and 50% CPU. The way I got it started again was to rename the folder of the profile I was on. So, if I was on British Pound, I'd rename C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Profiles\Charts\British Pound\ to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Profiles\Charts\British Pound_1\

Then it starts up OK. Not a solution, but a work around.

-Jerry

Thanks for this Jerry.

I deleted all the folders from ...\MetaTrader 5\ down to get a clean install and then MT5 ran OK.

I copied my previous profiles back, but whenever I selected any of them, the terminal closed (no terminal process and no CPU usage). However, as you said, if I renamed them they worked. It's weird because now I've renamed them back to their original names and they seem to work fine.

Cheers

Jellybean

Reason: