Download MetaTrader 5

What is the best programming language?

To add comments, please log in or register
MikeT
MikeT  

Hi Guys

I have a comprehensive Excel document that I would like to convert into a stand alone software application. What programming language should I look at to do this? I understand that different languages are better suited to different programming needs, so:

The Excel document:

- Makes a lot of calculations from multiple sheets/pages

- Incorporates graphs and other graphics that are updated regularly 

- Draws basic  DDE data from MT4

I would like to:

- Create a stand alone software application ie. It must not be Windows based

- It should be able to be easily installed and run on any computer (but I guess Windows based systems will take preference)

- It should be able to access a MT4 platform and draw trading data from it 

- It should be able to access a MT4 trading account and make/modify trades 

Can someone point me in the right direction here please. I am obviously not going to try to program this myself, I would like to outsource this... but I still need to be able to determine which programming language to use from the outset so that I can supply freelance programmers with a decent design brief....

Thanx

MikeT

PS: If you think I'm crazy.... feel free to have a good laugh and tell me...lol 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Why don't do it in mql4 ? It can do calculation, graphs and manage data.
MikeT
MikeT  
Alain Verleyen:
Why don't do it in mql4 ? It can do calculation, graphs and manage data.

Thanx Alain...

But Mql4 is not stand alone software...(or is it?).... I mean I program EA's and stuff so I'm familiar with Mql4...but that's within the MT4 environment....

I am looking for some kind of...for a lack of better words... 'Encasing' software from which to launch Mql4 code...

I want to be able to click on a Desktop Icon and have software brought up (independent of Excel) from which I can activate Mql4 code.... such as EA's... or entering/exiting trades...

If that makes sense... 

MikeT
MikeT  

I've been told of Adobe Air and a few others... but I have no experience to be able to make a reasonable judgement on which would be the best way to go...

I would like to make the best decision on the 'Encasing' programming language from the beginning... 

Unfortunately I am not a programmer... sooo, I have no idea what is currently the best language out there... 

PS: At some point I am going to have to get quotes etc. so I will need target my requests to the appropriate freelance developers...

Hope that makes sense... 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
MikeT:

Thanx Alain...

But Mql4 is not stand alone software...(or is it?).... I mean I program EA's and stuff so I'm familiar with Mql4...but that's within the MT4 environment....

I am looking for some kind of...for a lack of better words... 'Encasing' software from which to launch Mql4 code...

I want to be able to click on a Desktop Icon and have software brought up (independent of Excel) from which I can activate Mql4 code.... such as EA's... or entering/exiting trades...

If that makes sense... 

That make sense, but why do you need a standalone software ? Maybe you want to sell it ? or other non-technical reason.

From a technical point of view that doesn't make sense to me, unless I missed something.

MikeT
MikeT  
Alain Verleyen:

That make sense, but why do you need a standalone software ? Maybe you want to sell it ? or other non-technical reason.

From a technical point of view that doesn't make sense to me, unless I missed something.

No...you right Alain... I do want to sell it...

It's something that I created for myself and friends.... but now I'm looking at marketing it... It's good stuff in my opinion... and it's changed my trading... sooo...

Basically, I am looking at developing it further... but I have no idea as to what base programming language to use...

But I think you are getting to where I am coming from.... well.. I hope...

Any ball park programming languages I should be looking at..? I'm thinking Adobe Air.... but again... how easy is it to incorporate Myql4 into that... you see... I don't know enough about this...

I know what I want... but I don't have a starting point... 

MikeT
MikeT  

And I would love to be able to pay a free-lancer to be able to do this... but I don't know who to approach... because I don't know what programming language we should be using.... you know...

It's a catch22... I'm not sure who to contact because I don't know what I'm asking for.... hence the question: What is the best programming language that will be stand alone and access/launch Mql4 code...? 

Amit Suryakant Jamuda
Amit Suryakant Jamuda  

Go for java... it is platform independent and you can access the mt4 trade server through FIX. 

MikeT
MikeT  
Thanx Amit.... it's looking like Java it is.... but I keep feeling like I should be doing this in Adobe Air... I need to do a bit more research... but thanx
To add comments, please log in or register