Custom Indicator write .csv file

2007 Competition: I wrote a custom indicator which write a .csv file to /files.  The expert advisor read the file and trade accordingly.  The custom indicator needs to be attached (manually) to the chart in order for it to write the .csv history and movement.  Is it possible?

What the reason for file writing? Do You need for more than 8 indicator buffers? Why You don't use iCustom calls?

stringo:
What the reason for file writing? Do You need for more than 8 indicator buffers? Why You don't use iCustom calls?
I needed the custom indicator file (.csv file) as a input file for data analysis purposes.  The expert advisor uses the same file for trading input.  

You cannot analyze your indicator file because your EA and custom indicator will be runned on our server and You will have no access to it

RippleTrader:
stringo:
I needed the custom indicator file (.csv file) as a input file for data analysis purposes. The expert advisor uses the same file for trading input.
It seems that your EA is trying to reevaluate several values produced by your indicator?
If the reevaluation is done within the indicator, the indicator can produce only one value.
Then that value is retrieavable by your EA using iCustom.
If the values span over several bars, then your EA must read it one-by-one from iCustom and it's responsible of your EA to store to and/or read from a file.

stringo:
You cannot analyze your indicator file because your EA and custom indicator will be runned on our server and You will have no access to it

RippleTrader wrote:

stringo:
I needed the custom indicator file (.csv file) as a input file for data analysis purposes. The expert advisor uses the same file for trading input.
The reason for file writing was data analysis in a statistical program. The results of my analysis was coded into the EA and I do not need to analise the file again. The custom indicator writes to the file and the EA reads the file during live trading. I used more than 8 indicator buffers. You need to attach my expert advisor AND custom indicator to the chart, thats all. Will it be possible?

Thank you for your valuable comments. My EA uses the values produced by my CI. The indicator produces 17 values and the EA uses the 17 values to decide, according to certain rules, to trade or not.

fireflies:
RippleTrader:
stringo:
It seems that your EA is trying to reevaluate several values produced by your indicator?
If the reevaluation is done within the indicator, the indicator can produce only one value.
Then that value is retrieavable by your EA using iCustom.
If the values span over several bars, then your EA must read it one-by-one from iCustom and it's responsible of your EA to store to and/or read from a file.

1. Your EA must be available for strategy testing.

2. Custom indicators cannot be launched separately from EA (we don't attach any indicators to your championship chart). But You can use up to 5 custom indicators in your EA. Your custom indicators can write 1 data file and EA can read only 1 data file (see Rules III.2)

If You can provide these conditions - You are welcome.

stringo:

1. Your EA must be available for strategy testing.

2. Custom indicators cannot be launched separately from EA (we don't attach any indicators to your championship chart). But You can use up to 5 custom indicators in your EA. Your custom indicators can write 1 data file and EA can read only 1 data file (see Rules III.2)

If You can provide these conditions - You are welcome.

Thank you stringo for your comments. I used your iCustom function to call my CI, but the EA was very, very slow after that. If I attach the CI independently, it completes and writes the file (.csv) within one second. My CI is complex with +-500 lines of coding. I took "Barry support and resistence" CI (very basic CI) and it was also slow on your MACD Cross EA. What can I do to make iCustom more efficient?

Reason: