Sensible Martingale, needs an EA to assist

I have got a got special martingale money management strategy, I call it SENSIBLE MARTINGALE, that needs a system / Expert advisor.

The money management is:

If on losing trades, the next trade size is ‘added’ (aggressive mode = 0.01 > 0.02 > 0.03. or even less aggressive) rather than multiplied, it can sustain up to 20 consecutive losses. But it can even sustain up to 50 losses if it is bit conservative.

It should have a system / expert advisor with following characteristics.

It should:

have only one trade open at a time

have TP 10 times more than SL (e.g. SL 10 pips with TP 100 pips)

have minimum number of consecutive losing trades: set of 10 losing trades is ideal (Every trades from 1 till 10 lost with 10 pips each, and Trade 11 won with 100 pips), 20 is good, 30 is acceptable, 40 is limit. After each set, only 1 profit trade is fine

trade as frequently as possible.

I don’t know if any EA with those characteristics exists or not. If there is any, I request to share with me.

doctornasir:

I have got a got special martingale money management strategy, I call it SENSIBLE MARTINGALE, that needs a system / Expert advisor.

The money management is:

If on losing trades, the next trade size is ‘added’ (aggressive mode = 0.01 > 0.02 > 0.03. or even less aggressive) rather than multiplied, it can sustain up to 20 consecutive losses. But it can even sustain up to 50 losses if it is bit conservative.

It should have a system / expert advisor with following characteristics.

It should:

have only one trade open at a time

have TP 10 times more than SL (e.g. SL 10 pips with TP 100 pips)

have minimum number of consecutive losing trades: set of 10 losing trades is ideal (Every trades from 1 till 10 lost with 10 pips each, and Trade 11 won with 100 pips), 20 is good, 30 is acceptable, 40 is limit. After each set, only 1 profit trade is fine

trade as frequently as possible.

I don’t know if any EA with those characteristics exists or not. If there is any, I request to share with me.

Hi doctornasir, I like your strategy, but I'm trying to fully understand it...

I understand why you are wanting to "add" on to each next trade rather than multiply the each trade (which is to minimise your risk and avoid margin call), but will this be able to recoup your net losses for the basket of trades?

Is this why you are applying a large TP to each following trade?

Have you calculated scenarios where this would actually be a profitable strategy for you?

Hi jamess

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, I have calculated. Thats why high TP is used to reduce the risk.

I have an aggressive model, where size is added with each trade. i.e. 0.01 - 0.02 - 0.03. This is profitable unto trade 20. After that, you have to go up by more than 0.01 per trade, or take a loss. This model is very good, if the EA is losing not more than 20 trades (10 to be on the safe side)

The less aggressive model, uses 0.01 till trade 9, 0.02 till trade 14, 0.03 till trade 17 so on and so forth. This accepts losses unto trade 50.

Theoretically speaking, TP is 10 times more, so the chances of winning are 1 trade per 10 lost trades. This never happens, 1 in 20 is likely, 1 in 30 is even more, etc. So EA should be able to give TP after every 10/20/30 trades. And seeing the behaviour, we can add aggressiveness in martingale

I will put the chart for every won trade vs lost trade tomorrow, but I have definitely calculated it. 

Reason: