Cannot find gold - page 2

Not all brokera are the same some brokers don't allow gold trading 

Rodolfo Almeida Marin:
Not all brokera are the same some brokers don't allow gold trading 
I downloaded MetaTrader 4 again, and this time I do see "Gold" in the "market watch" window, but it is not paired with anything.  How do I view Gold vs. the USD?  I tried right clicking and clicking "show all" but nothing happened.

tragicom:
I downloaded MetaTrader 4 again, and this time I do see "Gold" in the "market watch" window, but it is not paired with anything.  How do I view Gold vs. the USD?  I tried right clicking and clicking "show all" but nothing happened.
"Gold" symbol is paired with USD. Some brokers provide XAUUSD, some GOLD, it's the same.

So if it just says GOLD, that automatically means that it is gold vs. USD?

I am using a Demo account, does that have anything to do with it?

It is not connected to my broker at all

when I log into MetaTrader 4 with a Demo account, there is no gold showing in the market watch window.  When I just open it without telling it what account I want to use, Gold is there in the market watch window

Now when I open MetaTrader 4 and do not give it an account to open and open the GOLD chart, the chart continually says Waiting for Update but nothing happens

Greetings, 

I am unable to I add XAU/GBP to my MT4? Is there a way to overcome this issue?

selverwolf #:

Greetings, 

I am unable to I add XAU/GBP to my MT4? Is there a way to overcome this issue?

The charts, the price on the charts, the symbols to trade, and the names of the symbols, and the time of the price on the chart - all of them are related to the brokers only.
So, if you want to trade some symbol so you should find the broker which is allowing this symbol for traders (because it is nothing to do with Metatrader platform application at all).
Reason: