Cannot see experts/scripts in Navigator - build 249 - page 2

gordon:

OK, I uninstalled again. I also manually deleted 'c:\program files\metatrader 5\' and 'c:\documents and settings\user\application data\metaquotes\'.

After installation the problem is still there: experts, scripts and indicators are not compiled automatically. And only some of them compile manually (all scripts don't compile because StdLibErr.mqh is missing).

Put this file into the "terminal_folder\MQL5\include\" folder, please. Sorry.
Files:
stdliberr.mqh  1 kb

I have the same problem under Win7 X32. I logged it as a separate comment, but I now think they are related.

When I reduced the User Authorisation Control to min, then I could see the scripts OK. I think it may be to do with Win7 security not liking data being written to the Program Files area. However, the strange thing is that the compiler compiles them OK and places them in the the traditional folder and they can be seen from Windows Explorer. It's just that MT5 can't see them.

Win7 has introduced the concept of junctions which are like an alias for backward compatibility with XP. I wonder if Terminal is not liking these. I have another experts folder called:

C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\

Where I also have some EAs - but Terminal can't seem to see these either.

I've also reported another comment relating to Win7 whereby you can't save a Template if it has an EA attached to it. See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/588/page1

-Jerry

Template doesn't save with an expert
  • www.mql5.com
I have a panel containing a forex pair and I add various indicators and save the template.

netconuk:

I have the same problem under Win7 X32. I logged it as a separate comment, but I now think they are related.

**Text deleted to save space **

I've now got a work around. In Terminal, it looks for experts in

C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\

So if you copy the experts from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\ to the above, then restart Terminal, all is well.

When you go into the Editor and do 'open', it looks in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\ by default so you have to remember to change the folder. Also when you save a new one, you have to change it. The problem is that you can't actually see the AppData folder as it's hidden, so you have to type it in, after which you will see 'Roaming'. It's a real pain as it doesn't remember it.

I've no idea what the D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075 is. I guess it's different for each user.

I'm still learning the quirks of Win7!

-Jerry

Reason: