Download MetaTrader 5

Need help / SIGNIFICANCE Signal's Modules.

To add comments, please log in or register
V1N1C1O
V1N1C1O  

Hey, i'm trader and new to this type of trading with EA's, MQL's, etc, 

Hope someone could help me, 

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF SIGNALS MODULES (STD LIBRARY), Ex. Moving Average, Fractal MA, Envelopes, etc.

Make an EA's without it is really slow.

Thanks a lot for your time.

V1N1C1O 

investeo
investeo  
V1N1C1O:

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF SIGNALS MODULES (STD LIBRARY), Ex. Moving Average, Fractal MA, Envelopes, etc.

V1N1C1O 

What do you mean by significance?

V1N1C1O
V1N1C1O  
investeo:

What do you mean by significance?

Hi Investeo, each "module of trade signal" has a "value" but i can't find where is this info.

REFERENCE: 

MQL5 Manual's page 2802, "The Mechanism of Making Trade Decisions on the Basis of Signal Modules"......."-Each market model has a significance that may vary with the range of 1 to 100. The higher is the

--->significance<---, the stronger the model is."

page 2803, example:

Variant 1.

The price crossed the rising MA upwards. This case corresponds to one of the market models

implemented in the MA module. This model implies a rise of price. Its significance is equal to 100. At

the same time, the Stochastic oscillator turned down and formed a divergence with price. This case

corresponds to one of the models implemented in the Stochastic module. This model implies a fall of

price. The weight of this model is 80. 

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME

:)

Stochastic Oscillator
  • votes: 8
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp. | English Russian Chinese Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The Stochastic Oscillator compares where a security’s price closed relative to its price range over a given time period.
oneillj
oneillj  
V1N1C1O:

V1N1C1O 

Right Here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses

Click on the different trading signal classes for signal type and description of conditions. 

Weight of signals of the module are in the interval 0 to 1. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Trading Strategy Classes
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Library / Trading Strategy Classes - Documentation on MQL5
V1N1C1O
V1N1C1O  
oneillj:

Right Here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses

Click on the different trading signal classes for signal type and description of conditions. 

Weight of signals of the module are in the interval 0 to 1. 

Thanks a lot oneillj, but as far as i understand, the weight and the significance of modules are two differents variables, ALTHOUGH, It's not very clear the text about this.

Check first bolds, weight is between 0 and 1

2nd, bolds, then explains the significance (MA module) which is 100. 

3rd bolds, refers 80 value of the stochastic model, (called weight, i assume as editor's error)

FINALLY:

The voting process multiply the WEIGHT and the SIGNIFICANCE = rate or value to open or close the position.

MANUAL'S PAGE 2803

Examples
Consider an Expert Advisor with the following threshold levels: ThresholdOpen=20 and
ThresholdClose=90. Two modules of signals participate in making decisions on trade operations: the
MA module with weight 0.4 and the Stochastic module with weight 0.8. Let's analyze two variants of

obtained trade signals:

Variant 1.
The price crossed the rising MA upwards. This case corresponds to one of the market models
implemented in the MA module. This model implies a rise of price. Its significance is equal to 100. At
the same time, the Stochastic oscillator turned down and formed a divergence with price. This case
corresponds to one of the models implemented in the Stochastic module. This model implies a fall of

Let's calculate the result of final "voting". The rate obtained from the MA module is calculated as 0.4 *

100 = 40. The value from the Stochastic module is calculated as 0.8 * (-80) = -64. The final value value
is calculated as the arithmetical mean of these two rates: (40 - 64)/2 = -12. The result of voting is the
signal for selling with relative strength equal to 12. The threshold level that is equal to 20 is not
reached. Thus a trade operation is not performed.
V1N1C1O
V1N1C1O  
V1N1C1O:

Thanks a lot oneillj, but as far as i understand, the weight and the significance of modules are two differents variables, ALTHOUGH, It's not very clear the text about this.

Check first bolds, weight is between 0 and 1

2nd, bolds, then explains the significance (MA module) which is 100. 

3rd bolds, refers 80 value of the stochastic model, (called weight, i assume as editor's error)

FINALLY:

The voting process multiply the WEIGHT and the SIGNIFICANCE = rate or value to open or close the position.

MANUAL'S PAGE 2803

Examples
Consider an Expert Advisor with the following threshold levels: ThresholdOpen=20 and
ThresholdClose=90. Two modules of signals participate in making decisions on trade operations: the
MA module with weight 0.4 and the Stochastic module with weight 0.8. Let's analyze two variants of

obtained trade signals:

Variant 1.

Let's calculate the result of final "voting". The rate obtained from the MA module is calculated as 0.4 *

100 = 40. The value from the Stochastic module is calculated as 0.8 * (-80) = -64. The final value value
is calculated as the arithmetical mean of these two rates: (40 - 64)/2 = -12. The result of voting is the
signal for selling with relative strength equal to 12. The threshold level that is equal to 20 is not
reached. Thus a trade operation is not performed.
Anyone says MEEE¡¡¡?? :)
To add comments, please log in or register