How to close partial lots?

Hi all,

I am new here. Pretty good forum with generous help! I am writing/testing an EA where I would like to close partial lots.

Assume the trade (long) opened with .2 lots (mini) and after 50 pips I want to close the .1 lot and let the other .1 lot running till a reversal signal occurs in EA where the trade will close and start a new short for .2 lots.

Thanks for your time/replies.

Kent

How? Use 0.1 lots in OrderClose().

Phy,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I didnot explain or write adequately. I will try once more:

1. The EA opens .2 lots in either long or short based on some condition.
2. I need a small code (should I make a function?) which will just check for open positions (whether long or short)orders and see whether the position has made 50+
3. There will be ONLY one position open at a time(.2 either long or short).
4. If the position has made 50+, this small code should just close .1 lot and leave the other .1 running.

If you can point out to any sample/examples of code which incorporate this logic that will be great.

thanks again for your time/help

for(int i = Orderstotal()-1; i >= 0; i--){
   OrderSelect(i, SEL_BY_POSITION, MODE_TRADES);
      if(OrderLots() >=0.2){
         if(OrderType() == OP_BUY){
            if(Bid > OrderOpenPrice()+50*Point){
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(), 0.1, Bid, slippage, aColor);
            }
         }
         if(OrderType() == OP_SELL){
            if(Ask< OrderOpenPrice()-50*Point){
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(), 0.1, Ask, slippage, aColor);
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

Thanks a lot phy. I guess, I didnot mention that I am trying to use it with Magicno, does using magic no involves some extra coding to the above logic. Thanks again for ur time/reply.

Kent

is it really technically allowed to close part of lots? I did not know that. So i can open 3 lots and close 1 at time x and close rest at time y from same orderid?

Yes, but you get a new ticket number for the remnants of the original position
Reason: