Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
The entire MQL5.community history on a single page!
TradeMachine
TradeMachine 2011.11.14 09:39 

Hi Experts,

when starting the "Strategy Testing" then the above error message is shown. When taking a look to the path:

c:\Programme\Metatrader 5\tester\agent-127.0.0.1-3000\mql5\files\

The files to be opened seems to be deleted by "someone". When I copy them by hand into this directory and then starting the Strategy testing the files are gone and the above error message is shown.

When starting "Live" Mode or Debugging - the error is not shown.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks! 

zephyrrr
zephyrrr 2011.11.14 12:36  
I found the same error after update to the new version of build 540. also, i found that after start the strategy tester, the tester delete all the files in the tester mql file directory, such as " c:\Programme\Metatrader 5\tester\agent-127.0.0.1-3000\mql5\files\". I have found no solution yet and can only wait for the new update to solve the problem.
jianhua296
jianhua296 2011.11.14 14:42  
I also have the same problem!
Alexey Da
Alexey Da 2011.11.14 16:31  

Have you specified property "tester_file" in your program (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/preprosessor/compilation)?

Could you write to servicedesk and provide source of your EA?

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
  • www.mql5.com
Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property) - Documentation on MQL5
TradeMachine
TradeMachine 2011.11.14 18:17  
alexvd:

Have you specified property "tester_file" in your program (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/preprosessor/compilation)?

I don´t think that code is necessary as it is like "zephyrr" wrote earlier:

"I found the same error after update to the new version of build 540. also, i found that after start the strategy tester, the tester delete all the files in the tester mql file directory, such as " c:\Programme\Metatrader 5\tester\agent-127.0.0.1-3000\mql5\files\". I have found no solution yet and can only wait for the new update to solve the problem."

All the files are being deleted when starting the "Strategy Tester". Pls - if you copy files in the above mentioned path they will be deleted. So very easy to reproduce the behavior!

Can I downgrade to Buil "53x" as the code worked fine in the past?  

Could you pls send me the email/Link of the Service Desk? 

TradeMachine
TradeMachine 2011.11.16 11:35  
alexvd:

Hi alexvd,

could you pls send me the contact data for the servicedesk?

Thanks! 

Alexey Da
Alexey Da 2011.11.16 12:10  
TradeMachine:

Hi alexvd,

could you pls send me the contact data for the servicedesk?

Thanks! 

https://www.mql5.com/en/users/TradeMachine/servicedesk
TradeMachine
TradeMachine 2011.11.18 09:31  

Thanks Alexvd,

I contacted the Service Desk! As it will take some time to solve the issue - maybe with the next Build!? Last question on that: Can I install an older version - so BUILD 5XY ? - and i f yes: Where to download? 

Thanks! 

oxarbitrage
oxarbitrage 2012.01.31 23:37  

hi guys, is there any update regarding this subject ? having the same issue here.

thanks.

aborecki
aborecki 2012.02.07 22:53  

Just add (it works!):

#property tester_file "name of the file.txt" to your EA somewhere at the beginning.  

If you do it the file will be copied from your "normal" location (used by Indicators/EAs) to the testers subdirectory. 

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
  • www.mql5.com
Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property) - Documentation on MQL5
MundoForex
MundoForex 2012.02.28 22:53  
What is the reason to delete tester files?? This makes no sense.
/ /12
To add comments, please log in or register