Build 6230: WebRequest() Function fails

 

Hello I am running multiple exact sample EA on multple MT5

the build 6122 works for me but 6230 did not work at all

it is due to Webrequest problem. Using the simple below script I got error 

WebRequest = 1001

GetLastError = 5203

I did whitelist https://www.google.com


again same script 6122  works perfectly fine but 6230  fails. Please help


here is the script I used to debug

void OnStart()
{
   Print("=================================");
   Print("Build       = ", TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_BUILD));
   Print("ProgramType= ", MQLInfoInteger(MQL_PROGRAM_TYPE));
   Print("ProgramPath= ", MQLInfoString(MQL_PROGRAM_PATH));
   Print("DataPath   = ", TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH));
   Print("CommonPath = ", TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_COMMONDATA_PATH));

   string url = "https://www.google.com";

   char data[];
   char result[];
   string headers;

   ResetLastError();

   int code = WebRequest(
      "GET",
      url,
      "",
      "",
      10000,
      data,
      0,
      result,
      headers
   );

   Print("WebRequest = ", code);
   Print("GetLastError = ", GetLastError());
   Print("=================================");
}
 
tantran201094:

Hello I am running multiple exact sample EA on multple MT5

the build 6122 works for me but 6230 did not work at all

it is due to Webrequest problem. Using the simple below script I got error 

WebRequest = 1001

GetLastError = 5203

I did whitelist https://www.google.com


again same script 6122  works perfectly fine but 6230  fails. Please help


here is the script I used to debug

Hi Dear,

Please add the url links that you want to use in your WebRequests in the list of allowed urls from Tools > Options > Experts (Tab)

Check the "Allow WebRequest for listed URL"

And also add the "https://www.google.com/" to the list in your case.

It is added for safety and you can control which links are safe and EAs can connect to that link or not.

Thanks
 
tantran201094:

Hello I am running multiple exact sample EA on multple MT5

the build 6122 works for me but 6230 did not work at all

it is due to Webrequest problem. Using the simple below script I got error 

WebRequest = 1001

GetLastError = 5203

I did whitelist https://www.google.com


again same script 6122  works perfectly fine but 6230  fails. Please help


here is the script I used to debug

2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    =================================
2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    Build       = 6230
2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    ProgramType= 1
2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    ProgramPath= C:\Users\alain\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C525710B66405F988EF6EE1B71162299\MQL5\Scripts\Shared Projects\Support\MQL5\Forum\517438.ex5
2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    DataPath   = C:\Users\alain\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C525710B66405F988EF6EE1B71162299
2026.10.02 08:19:34.832    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    CommonPath = C:\Users\alain\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common
2026.10.02 08:19:34.952    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    WebRequest = 200
2026.10.02 08:19:34.952    517438 (EURUSD,M1)    GetLastError = 0

 

ah I got it working again.

it is due to VPS issue, the first set up was having internet fine. The second MT5 get disconnected. everything is fine now. thnaks