Indicators: TimerClosingPeriod

TimerClosingPeriod:

An indicator can be useful for traders who are working on opening of the new candle, it prints the time to close of the current timeframe.

If the timeframe is lower than H1, it also prints the time to close of the current hourly candle.

Author: Dmitry

TimerClosingPeriod

hi Dmitry,

i already try your indicator and compile it (ver 5.00 build 250 23 feb 2010), but this message appear 

cannot open include file "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\include\StdLibErr.mqh" Object.mqh 

please help me 

Put this file into the "terminal_folder\MQL5\include\" folder, please.

Files:
stdliberr.mqh  1 kb

Rosh:
Put this file into the "terminal_folder\MQL5\include\" folder, please.

thanx Rosh

Nice work...

Had a compiler errors (probably do to a newer version of MT5)... see below:

'CHARTEVENT_TRADE' - undeclared identifier TimerClosingPeriod.mq5 125 12

payne 

payne:

Nice work...

Had a compiler errors (probably do to a newer version of MT5)... see below:

'CHARTEVENT_TRADE' - undeclared identifier TimerClosingPeriod.mq5 125 12

Just delete this block with CHARTEVENT_TRADE.

Rosh:
Just delete this block with CHARTEVENT_TRADE.

Thanks Rosh...I did that an it compiles.

However, it's not clear to me that the indicators works as described or possibly I'm confused on what it is supposed to do.

For example, when I add it to a 5 minute chart, the timer tells me how many minutes are left in the hour and how many minutes are left before the next 5 minute candle. But when the 5 minute timer gets to zero, the bar is not updated...as I would have thought. In fact, the timer continues to count down for at least another 1:15 minutes before the next candle is painted.

Is it possible the indicator is not in sync with the candle's closing time? Or perhaps there is a server (demo ) delay in sending the new candle data to my terminal?

As it is, it's not very helpful if the painting of the new candle etc... is not in synch with the timer. 

thanks,

payne 

Reason: