Quality of history data

I see that the architecture for historical data is changed in MT5. I have read the article discussing how the new concept work.

I have recently experienced a lot of problems with missing data on MT4 with Alpari UK. Specifically large gaps with missing data on the 1 minute AUDUSD data

Started out with missing data for July and August 2011.  After several attempts to repair it there is still missing data.

So I came over to have a look at MT5. The new architecture seems to be a much better way to get consistent data. What I do not know is how to check that

the last 2 years 1 minute data is complete.  There is no History center where I can inspect files and the hcc file are not "readable". It is also impossible to scroll

backwards on the live 1 minute charts.

I would like to have a method to determine the quality of the 1 minute history data for the last 2 years. On several pairs.

ingvar_e:

I see that the architecture for historical data is changed in MT5. I have read the article discussing how the new concept work.

I have recently experienced a lot of problems with missing data on MT4 with Alpari UK. Specifically large gaps with missing data on the 1 minute AUDUSD data

Started out with missing data for July and August 2011.  After several attempts to repair it there is still missing data.

So I came over to have a look at MT5. The new architecture seems to be a much better way to get consistent data. What I do not know is how to check that

the last 2 years 1 minute data is complete.  There is no History center where I can inspect files and the hcc file are not "readable". It is also impossible to scroll

backwards on the live 1 minute charts.

I would like to have a method to determine the quality of the 1 minute history data for the last 2 years. On several pairs.

Just run a script that would write down all the M1 data you want in a file in a for that's suitable for you.

So I devised a test.

I just took the existing sample EA  Set it up on AUDUSD  1M  timeframe in the strategy tester and put the test period to "Last Year" and run the tester.

It shows that the start date is 2011-07-19  03:56.  So I guess there is no data before that data. 

But if I look in the File folder it shows 2 hcc-files Approx 12 MB each, one for 2011 and one for 2010.

enivid,

OK thanks. I might test that. But I suspect that there is a problem with AUDUSD Data at Alpari UK. See my test above

Oops!

Not sure what happened. I did rerun the test and now I get data for all of 2011 on the AUDUSD  1 minute chart

Seems I have to start some hard work switching my EA over to MT5. Puh.  To bad that Alpari has not yet opened for Live trading

with  MT5.  Hopefully they will in the near future.

Reason: