Download MetaTrader 5

max lots size to trade with

To add comments, please log in or register
Take active part in the life of the community. Improve your rating!
dudenukem
dudenukem 2011.09.26 18:20 

I have the following question:

how can I calculate the Lots I can use to enter a trade?(say the max lots size)

for an account of say 100 $( the deposit ) and leverage 10:1 then following the logic I would have: max_lot_size= leverage * balance /1e5 = 0.01?

I receive an error - not enough moeny ... 4753 :)

Jimmy
Jimmy 2011.09.27 03:48  
dudenukem:

I have the following question:

how can I calculate the Lots I can use to enter a trade?(say the max lots size)

for an account of say 100 $( the deposit ) and leverage 10:1 then following the logic I would have: max_lot_size= leverage * balance /1e5 = 0.01?

I receive an error - not enough moeny ... 4753 :)

Lot size is determined by free margin and cost of 1 lot in base currency (left side currency of the pair) and not the account currency!

So it would be something like: max lot size = AccountFreeMargin/OrderCalcMargin(for 1 lot).

See the detail of the syntax in the documentation.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
dudenukem
dudenukem 2011.09.29 01:31  

it doesn't seem to work - in order to get rid of the annoying error I need to increase the deposit in the tester : the Lot (volume ) for the order is calculated by:

OrderCalcMargin(ORDER_TYPE_BUY,tradeReq.symbol,tradeReq.volume,tradeReq.price,tmpMargine);//tradeReq.volume=1

on success the volume to trade is calculated by

tradeReq.volume=AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN)/tmpMargine;

to no avail I get the not enough money notification ....

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
dudenukem
dudenukem 2011.09.29 13:57  

put it in another way:

how to calculate the amount in lots for

MqlTradeResult volume?

so that you will not get the not enough money error?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Data Structures / Structure of a Trade Request Result
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Data Structures / Structure of a Trade Request Result - Documentation on MQL5
To add comments, please log in or register