mql5 documentation insufficient

the available documentation for the language is not that detailed - more functions and classes lack examples which are vital for implementing ideas and creating own strategies;

isn't it possible to create a comments page after each entry in the documentation where people can post examples? A very good example is PhP and their online documentation.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

dudenukem:

the available documentation for the language is not that detailed - more functions and classes lack examples which are vital for implementing ideas and creating own strategies;

isn't it possible to create a comments page after each entry in the documentation where people can post examples? A very good example is PhP and their online documentation.

or wiki based mql5 documentation...

Once I had a similar idea, but I did not posted. I thinnk MetaQoutes won't do it, because it would need moderation, which does not come for free. Also, I think he documentation is fine, read the articles for tutorials.

the documentation is sparse - or you need to look for long time and find the value and how to initialise the parameters of a simple function like CTrade POsitionOpen(...

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/ctrade/ctradepositionopen

wiki help will need moderators, but PhP community posts examples without any warranty. Would be a good try to have something similar. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Trade Classes / CTrade / PositionOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Library / Trade Classes / CTrade / PositionOpen - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: