Help a newbie with expert advisor: When is start() fired?

Hi. Started to explore MT. Learning what init, deinit, start functions are.
int init()
  {
   Print("init");
   return(0);
  }
int deinit()
  {
   Print("deinit");
   return(0);
  }
int start()
  {
   Print("start");
   return(0);
}

Messages of init and deinit will appear in the log shown in the tab Experts of Terminal Window when I attache the advisor to the chart or remove it respectivly. But "start" won't appear in the log while it's (seemingly) attached to the chart. Why? Bars are being updated continuously on the chart, but start() doesn't seem to be fired at all.

Messages of init and deinit will appear in the log shown in the tab Experts of Terminal Window when I attache the advisor to the chart or remove it respectivly. But "start" won't appear in the log while it's (seemingly) attached to the chart. Why? Bars are being updated continuously on the chart, but start() doesn't seem to be fired at all.
Make sure that experts are allowed in Tools->Options->Expert Advisors tab->Enable Expert Advisors checkbox (button with hat in the toolbar) and Expert Advisors->Properties->Common tab->Allow live trading checkbox in the chart context menu (F7 shortcut).

The sign should be happy smiley next to the EA name in the top right corner of the chart.

Thank you very, very much, Irtron. That's solved my problem.
Reason: