AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 140

Ilya Filatov #:

Was this what was being discussed? In my opinion, it was a question of "informativeness of matter", not vice versa. And here it would be appropriate to look for some properties of matter that would go beyond the boundary of information properties, then it would be possible to unambiguously separate one from the other. But, paradoxically, we do not have any information about matter that can unequivocally exclude the version that our Universe is a product of a "simulation" (or, say, a complex algorithm for calculating some hash function that is extremely advanced from our point of view).

You do realise that with a couple of sentences you can question the existence of any meaning in the existence of life (not just yours, but any life at all)? Strange move for a person who seeks to "stick to generally accepted definitions and terms". That's how you begin to erect a sandcastle on a beach in the surf.....

I respect your point of view, and the positions of my opponents on this issue.

In my opinion, the "informativity" of matter exists only in the being of the party receiving the material influence. In this context, matter is "informational" because its impact on a living system will determine the final informational product that it will produce. But, without a living system, without a reacting party, matter is not informational. It is just matter.

Imho.

Реter Konow #:
I respect your point of view, and the positions of my opponents on this issue.

In my opinion, the "informativity" of matter exists only in the being of the party receiving the material impact. In this context, matter is "informational" because its impact on a living system will determine the final informational product that it will produce. But, without a living system, without a reacting party, matter is not informational. It is just matter.

Imho.

And imho it was unnecessary)))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

That's what's so scary about gpt wikis. It's not an inherently physical process. I liked the feldeger link. Feldeger mail is a physical process of transferring information))))) Hilarious))))

Entropy in physics is anything but infa. This is already stretching close in meaning concepts from other fields on physical phenomena. Like so it is better to explain.

Zy, and even not physical phenomena, entropy is still some index, very averaged, it is not the velocity in a point at all, so perhaps it is explained through the concept of information, but it is different.

It's a mess. What is a non-physical process? The transfer of information is a physical process.

entropy is related to the amount of information in a system

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

It's a mess. What's a non-physical process? Transmission of information is a physical process.

No of course, maybe since the moment of my graduation from the sciences something new has been discovered, and maybe the measure in which information is measured has been found and proved, as the binary code comes into my head. But I must have missed this discovery, about the discovery of such an entity as infa)))). Or it is not a physical process in essence.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

No of course, maybe since my graduation from the sciences something new has been discovered, and maybe the measure in which the information is measured has been found and proved, as the binary code comes into my head. But I must have missed this discovery, about the discovery of such an entity as infa)))). Or it is not a physical process in essence.

LoL? It's a physical process.

the word in-formation says something and the amount of it is described by entropy.

the lack of order is called out-from-formation, the lack of information.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

LoL? It's a physical process, basically.

Well I would look for primary sources where it was first announced that information transfer is a physical phenomenon in essence. In fieldegger mail it is the movement of cargo by fieldegger in essence, and according to wiki, it is the transfer of information - a physical process.

What information is measured in, formulas, how many joules it takes to transmit one measure of information. As I understand the bit of binary code is from another area, as on paper it is an inscription, and on a disc, flash drive is the state of the cell, and these are different things))))))

Wiki is wrong.

I liked it (or rather put me in a stupor). Grade 4 a+3=5. What is equal to the letter A. Bummer. Apparently the same mathematicians wrote the wiki. ))))). By the way, your examples have phenomena, entities-matter and information do not. And that's right. There is the world itself. And there are nerve cells reacting to that world.)

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

Well, I would look for primary sources where it was first announced that the transmission of information is a physical phenomenon in essence. In the fieldegger's mail it is the movement of cargo by the fieldegger, and according to the wiki, infi transfer is a physical process.

What is information measured in, formulas, how many joules it takes to transmit one measure of information. As I understand the bit of binary code is from another area, as on paper it is an inscription, and on a disc, flash drive is the state of the cell, and these are different things)))))

Wiki is wrong.

I liked it (or rather put me in a stupor). Grade 4 a+3=5. What is equal to the letter A. That's hilarious. Apparently the same mathematicians wrote the wiki. ))))). By the way, your examples have phenomena, entities-matter and information do not. And that's right. There is the world itself. And there are nerve cells reacting to that world.)

It's just that people don't get the idea in their heads that an object or phenomenon can be immaterial but can be transmitted from hand to hand materially

like respect is transferred through a handshake.

very simple idea

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

It just doesn't fit in people's heads to think that an object or phenomenon can be intangible but transportable materially

It can be visible, but if it is not clear how to measure it and what to fix it with, it is not physics. This is already other sciences))))))

And that strings carry information in string theory, so it is a usual substitution of notions, strings are fixed by wave detectors and other physical things as a result of some changes of physical objects or fields, electric or magnetic, well maybe gravitation)))), but not information.

Respect!!!!! Physics rules!!!!!

you will not be great thinkers and physicists :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
you will not be great thinkers and physicists :)

No, not to be)))))) ....

Everyone is great in their own way, for everyone there is a point from where they are great, The point of greatness of the subject))))

Reason: