Problem with install file of MT4

Hello guys,

I have a problem to install MT4. Basiclly it downloads me the correct file mt4setup.exe, but as soon as I run the app, all appears as a MT5. It happenes on Windows 11, but I also use Macbook as a second laptop and it works fine there.

Any solution for it? I have been adviced that MQL may be redirecting to MT5, but I am not IT guy, so need good explaination how to solve it. 

Any ideas?

We can download MT4 from the broker for now.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 download - Wrong version

Sergey Golubev, 2022.09.03 07:48

The support for MT4 was stopped long time ago. It means the following:

• it will not be any key improvement of MT4; it will be just error fixing only;
  • we can not download and install MT4 from this mql5 portal; we need to go to the brokers' websites to download and install MT4 (because the brokers are still supporting MT4).

So, we can download and install MT4 from the brokers' websites only (because the brokers are continuing to support MT4).
Seems, you did not visit this forum for many years (because it is very old information about MT4 downloading).

Yeah, it’s been a long time.

Anyway I am surprised that I could downloaded it from here for MacOS and it works, but couldn’t for Windows.

I will try with broker, but I didn’t see on their website.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".
Reason: