reliabilty of entry seems random - why?

I have a complex Ea - which can use many things - If I switch all off - and only use the Ma - when price touch the Ma it must buy or sell --- most of the time it does (i am watching the exact same ma on chart - so i can see when it should) -- but many times it touches ma and does not open trade -- why this apparent randomness - sometimes it work and sometimes it does not?  Even if i test same set file - on same timeframe - same everything - not always it works?

Anybody have any idea? I do not code my Ea - i pay developer to do so - i have no idea how to code - but i am curious is this just mt5 thing? or some bug in the code that only sometimes is awake?

Kaziel:

I have a complex Ea - which can use many things - If I switch all off - and only use the Ma - when price touch the Ma it must buy or sell --- most of the time it does (i am watching the exact same ma on chart - so i can see when it should) -- but many times it touches ma and does not open trade -- why this apparent randomness - sometimes it work and sometimes it does not?  Even if i test same set file - on same timeframe - same everything - not always it works?

Anybody have any idea? I do not code my Ea - i pay developer to do so - i have no idea how to code - but i am curious is this just mt5 thing? or some bug in the code that only sometimes is awake?

How can you expect anyone to answer you if you do not show the source code? Without seeing the source code, we can only make guesses which are a waste of yours and our time.

My guess is that there is some filter that tells the ea to not open a trade.

Michael Charles Schefe #:

How can you expect anyone to answer you if you do not show the source code? Without seeing the source code, we can only make guesses which are a waste of yours and our time.

My guess is that there is some filter that tells the ea to not open a trade.
thank you for your reply! - i just want to know if this is a code problem - or is this something that happens to other people also - due to the nature of mt5 and markets - judging by your response this is not "normal" and can be solved. Thank you for your time - i appreciate it

This is a code problem. It can occur for a variety of reasons - for example, you can be calling Sleep on your code or using a timer. This will probably (not certainly) result on a different execution everytime you run your code. Try to debug your code and check the moment you open positions to be sure the condition is truly met when you expect a new position to be opened.

Emanuel Amorim #:
This is a code problem. It can occur for a variety of reasons - for example, you can be calling Sleep on your code or using a timer. This will probably (not certainly) result on a different execution everytime you run your code. Try to debug your code and check the moment you open positions to be sure the condition is truly met when you expect a new position to be opened.
Thank you. I appreciate the help - I will investigate the code now that I am aware that it is a code related issue.
Reason: