Did Metaquotes remove the ability to backtest demo EA's from the marketplace?

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to version 4 of MT4, I now get the following error message after downloading a demo EA from the marketplace and running a backtest:

2024.02.06 10:16:57.812 2023.01.01 23:04:23  XXXXX: testing stopped at 2011.04.07 16:24 because product is demo

I guess i'm less likely now to actually buy an EA if I can't even backtest it.

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

agentx64: Ever since I upgraded to version 4 of MT4, I now get the following error message after downloading a demo EA from the marketplace and running a backtest: I guess i'm less likely now to actually buy an EA if I can't even backtest it.

No, not at all! It is still working correctly for me and I am using the latest official build 1403.

It is more likely that the message you are seeing is being generated by the EA itself and not the Strategy Tester.

If that is that case, then the seller of the product is in violation of the Market rules and limiting the functionality of the EA, and needs to be reported.

Please send me details of the product in a private message, and I will test it on my end to confirm if that is indeed the case.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market
Reason: