How are ticks generated using the backtester?

I'd like to know more about the actual algorithms (code)used to generate ticks in the backtester . The description in the Help file for the option to generate ticks using OHLC values is clear enough, but I have questions about the other two methods:

* Randomly by Real Volume.
Can I assume that 'volume' means the number of ticks that occurred to create each M1 candle? If so, how are the following situations handled:

-- Only one tick (Volume = 1). I guess this tick would be set to the Close of the bar.

-- Only two ticks (Volume = 2). Perhaps this would be 1st tick = Open and 2nd tick = Close..

-- Three ticks (Volume = 3). No guess here.

-- Four ticks (Volume = 4). Logically, this would be the same as OHLC method.

-- Five or more ticks (Volume >= 5). What algorithm is used for distributing the 'extra' ticks within the bar? Is it truly random - ie any possible value from High to Low inclusive?

* Point by Point
Here the first tick would probably be at the Open value, and the last tick would be at the Close, but what about the ticks in between? Would they go from Open to High to Low to Close, or from Open to Low to High to Close? How would this be determined?

A final note... it might be useful sometime in the future to provide some user control over the exact method of tick generation.. such as how many ticks to create per bar in point by point mode... just a thought.

Adeleke Awojobi: ...  it might be useful sometime in the future to provide some user control over the exact method of tick generation.

Your own post answers your question.

The build in automated suggestions identified your text "tick generation" and added a green link in your post. Click on it and read it.

Also, if you are in doubt, just test with "real tick data" instead.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893
Reason: