Error old version

Hi. I have a problem with MetaTrader 4. I tested a robot on a demo account and VPS. Unfortunately, today I saw that the message "old version" appeared in the lower right corner of MetaTrader and the connection between MetaTrader and the internet was lost. My question is, isn't this MetaTrader a piece of ***? Because if it was a real account and the trades remained open and my robot could not manage the trades, after a while it would cause a lot of damage to your capital. How did you solve this problem?

Majid Eany:

Hi. I have a problem with MetaTrader 4. I tested a robot on a demo account and VPS. Unfortunately, today I saw that the message "old version" appeared in the lower right corner of MetaTrader and the connection between MetaTrader and the internet was lost. My question is, isn't this MetaTrader a piece of ***? Because if it was a real account and the trades remained open and my robot could not manage the trades, after a while it would cause a lot of damage to your capital. How did you solve this problem?

If it is an old version, then update it. Current official release is build 1400.

If you don't like MT4, then upgrade to MT5. MT4 has not been actively developed for many years now. It is time you upgraded anyway.

And please don't use offensive language.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If it is an old version, then update it. Current official release is build 1400.

If you don't like MT4, then upgrade to MT5. MT4 has not been actively developed for many years now. It is time you upgraded anyway.

You're right, but the problem is that because the update is done automatically, MetaTrader needs to be restarted. And because MetaTrader tries to connect to the best server, it quickly disconnects and reconnects the connection. And this is when the server and MetaTrader cannot connect and gives the error "old version". MetaTrader 5 also works like this, you need to restart it for the update. In my opinion, the previous server should not be disconnected for faster connection to the server. This is a fundamental flaw!

Fernando Carreiro #:

What do I do for resolve this problem???

Majid Eany:

woulda coulda shoulda as they say, just like maybe -- it never happens. And if it did, then, you would have something to gripe about. Until then, go away and troll some other forum.

Something similar did happen to me in past, but it happened on the weekend, AND mt5 come up with the update dialogue, but it has a cancel button, which means it is updated, but the new version is not used until a program restart -- so the ea and trades are unaffected until a program restart. And if you were trading live, then, you might have known that.

Reason: