Login to MQL community via MetaTrader 4 - page 2

Chelsea Baughman #: ok this might be a stupid question but how do i update mt4 if i download from the broker website and when you go to help it only shows mt5 updates.

Currently, MT4 is no longer being actively developed except for critical updates. It has been the case for many years now.

It will however, update automatically when you connect to the broker's trade server, if a more recent release build is available.

Currently, I don't think it is possible to create a new MetaQuotes demo account for MT4, but if you still have an active account, then it may present you with a beta build updates (but I am unsure, as I no longer have such accounts).

ok i think ill just have to go back to mt5. I bought a ea that only works on mt4 thats why i even went back to mt4.

Chelsea Baughman #:
ok this might be a stupid question but how do i update mt4 if i download from the broker website and when you go to help it only shows mt5 updates.

no worries haha I know. It is just dumb for mq to show the mt5 links in the mt4 menus like they have them. I guess that it is just their way of trying to pressure traders to use mt5 more.

But dont worry, your mt4 only uses mt4 updates and will only download mt4 updates.

Reason: