Non trading during news anouncement time.

Dear Boaders,
Does anyone have any idea how to code the EA to access to Excel file to stop trading during news time. Something like DDE . My idea is to access news time from an excel file for all the news time.

Dear Boaders,
Does anyone have any idea how to code the EA to access to Excel file to stop trading during news time. Something like DDE . My idea is to access news time from an excel file for all the news time.
Export the data into a text file in experts\files and write a parser in the EA that reads the file and utilises the information.
You may want to contact me via
mqlexpert {at} gmail {dot} com
if you need help with this.

If your broker does not have fixed spreads, perhaps you could just tell your EA to not trade if the spread is over a certain number of pips (since brokers without fixed spread will pass through bigger than normal spreads during major news announcements).

Just an idea.

I have been working on this code. There are two parts: an indicator that paints news events on the chart with some basic stats, and integration into other EA as a trading signal. If the indicator is configured to display the event based on filters, then the trading window returns "false" for trade.

ian at bestforextools dot com for details.