Can I write raw C++ for my trading algorithm in visual studio to use in MT4 or MT5? or do I have to use MQL language?

I read somewhere MQL 4/5 is not as fast in execution as using C++ to write algo`s, granted i`m new. I just wanted to preferably use raw C++ instead of learning another scripting language.

Are there coding benefits in the types of things you can create/do with MQL that are longer harder in C++? Thank you the feedback is very valuable to me.

I`m also frustrated that some brokers I want to use dont use MT5 or Ctrader, just MT4. Why would that be? Seems backward.

Thank you. Looking forward to this journey.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Jitterbug: I read somewhere MQL 4/5 is not as fast in execution as using C++ to write algo`s, granted i`m new. I just wanted to preferably use raw C++ instead of learning another scripting language.

Are there coding benefits in the types of things you can create/do with MQL that are longer harder in C++? Thank you the feedback is very valuable to me.

I`m also frustrated that some brokers I want to use dont use MT5 or Ctrader, just MT4. Why would that be? Seems backward.

Thank you. Looking forward to this journey.

You have to code in MQL, which is a compiled language, but it is very similar to C/C++ and just as fast, especially MQL5.

You can also make use of DLL's as support, and those can be coded in pure C++ or C# if you wish.

MetaTrader 5 does also offer a Python API, but it is much more limiting than using MQL5.

As for your observation about more MT4 than MT5 brokers, I observe the opposite, especially regarding reputable and regulated brokers.

There are certainly a great number of unregulated "sketchy" MT4 only brokers, but the reputable and regulated ones usually offer both MT4 and MT5 platforms.

Reason: