EA Backtest result (Vs) EA Live Market Result

Hello,

I have always wondered why the backtest results of an EA differ from its live market results. Throughout my trading experience, I have tested thousands of EAs in both backtest and live market conditions. While most EAs yield impressive results in backtests, they often result in losses when applied to the live market, whether with a demo or real account.

Even when I test with a modeling quality of 99% or higher during backtesting, the EA tends to fail in the live market. Why does this discrepancy occur?

Use real ticks from your broker to backtest EA. If you do not have real ticks data it is best to decide entry and exit based on candle closure data in higher time frames.

Also check this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/456689

Systems that perform well in backtest - Discussion about Systems that Work in Backtest but Fail in Real Account: Why
Systems that perform well in backtest - Discussion about Systems that Work in Backtest but Fail in Real Account: Why
  • www.mql5.com
Discussion about systems that work in backtest but fail in real account : why. Hello everyone, i wanted to start a discussion about systems that seem to work wonderfully in backtests but do not perform the same in a real account
Reason: