Metatrader 4

So far, Metatrader seems to be a pretty awesome platform. The backtesting seems reliable as I can match it to the backtesting of my own software. It also appears to match live trading. The scripting language is wonderful. I've been able to reproduce my own software which took 6 months to develop in only a few days. Not only did I reproduce it, but I made it much better. Finally, I love being able to choose my broker.

Since I plan on using Metatrader for a long time, I wanted to list the things that I had trouble with:
1. Implicit type casting - This has caused me a lot of trouble. A simple compiler warning that information could be lost would really help.
2. Backtesting with a spread - Not that I mind using a HEX editor to change the spread (or add it at all), but the fact that you have to do it everytime you recalculate is very frustrating.
3. Historical data - This is just too confusing. Making sure you are using the right data is very important. It just shouldn't be this hard. It seems like there are datasets all over the place. I don't need an explanation of how it works. I just wish it wasn't so difficult.

Those are my only complaints. Otherwise, I really love the software!

Bryant

I forgot to add the following:

4. Problems interpreting decimals - For example, if you do the following: Variable=.5, it will evaluate .5 as the whole number 5. You have to put a 0 in front of the decimal point. This is a tough problem to find, since you usually assume assignments are working.
5. Problems compiling negative signs - In some cases I've had to put parenthesis around a negative number so that it would compile. I think this happens in conditional statements.

Maybe I'm the only one with these issues...
Reason: